*UPDATE* Here is what my blanket will look like..sorta

Aelita

To satisfy a certain villar on here here is a pic of what my blanket looks like so far:

Comfortblanket.jpg

I am still recieving some squares but this is what I have so far and the four I made are in there as well. I am working on more squares to add and I thank those who sent me squares. I am going to put a black dc border around the squares and then maybe whip stitch them together. I ran out of dark blue so I am making some to add to the collection of squares.

On another note: It's not nice to post mean comments about someone in another thread.

That will be a wonderful c'ville hug for you when it is done. And, since it's for you, you can take your time and not hurry given how busy you are.

Hugs

Joyce

Sorry about the mean comments. Public forums allow people to make somewhat anonymous comments they would never dare make to your face. On my better days, I feel like maybe I'm just reading too much into it.

Aelita-

Take your time with it. You've got a lot going on right now. Your blanket will be lovely. Just consider the kindness and friendship of the folks who helped you out. Sending good thoughts your way.

• 2 weeks later...

I am new here but wanted to let you know I am in awe of what you can do! I was looking at your blog & absolutley adore the outfits you made your god kids. I also love your gothic waves. :D Your blanket up there looks like it will be perfect for the colder months!

You are doing a really nice job so far!! I just always feel intimiated to make squares larger than 8 inches!!! So, great job everyone!!! Is this going to be a comfortghan for someone?? You are really nice to put all of this together!!! :hug

I can't believe anyone on this forum would say ANYTHING bad about another person....we are all friends here!!!! :manyheart

Perhaps the nature of internet communications has something to do with the perception of unkindness? I find that sometimes I type something meaning it one way and it gets taken completely wrong.

After several of those experiences, I've tried to take the stance that nothing typed to me (email, PMs, IMs, board postings, etc.) is meant to be mean or unkind.. unless it is an outright flame. :)

All that aside, your blanket is going to be lovely Aelita. Thanks for showing us the progress so far. Don't worry about taking a while to complete it. It will take what it takes..and maybe you need to take a long time putting it together to remember your grandmother and go over your memories as you work. (we'd all make better progress on our projects if c'ville and the internet in general wasn't so entrancing :::grin::: And then there's that time waster called Work.. hehehe)

I am a four year or so lurker. I registered just so that I could tell you I have enjoyed pictures of your talented work and your beautiful family. There those who say mean words about those of us who are different, and they truly ought to have thier heads examined, because they are not seeing the "diamond" in front of them. Enjoy Life;)

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Aelita, that's looking great. I agree with Lisaizme, you should take your time to put this together so that you can think of your grandmother as you work on it.

Aelita, the afghan is beautiful! You're doing the same thing that I am with the squares I received for my cousin's comfortghan, edging each one in black (I'm doing mine in Aran) so that they are all uniform in size, and it puts the same color border on each square so that it frames each square and makes them stand out. I can't wait to see a pic of your finished product! I am going to post one of mine when I'm done, too!

On the subject of mean words from someone, I can't believe that anyone would post anything mean to or about you. I have never seen a post from you that would cause anyone to react in that way to you. Just ignore it, sweetie. It's not worth wasting your good energy on. You have many friends here.

Archived