DEMET

Some of my works with beads and threads

I agree with the others. I would love for you to teach a class please sign me up for it if you do. Those are amazing. I have never tried doing anything like that before.:hook

They are just beautiful - I went to your site and all your doilies are just exquisite - do you sell your beaded work?

I sometimes make doilies with seed beads and sell them. I usually make them upon request.

I wish I had better language skill to explain what I am doing, unfortunatelly I do not know all those special crochet terms even in my language. I do things from diagrams or picture, I make things up too.

Thank you for all the nice words.

Demet

Absolutely gorgeous! How long have you been doing beadwork for??

A Question for you, if you don't mind. :blush I bought a book with some lacey fringey beadwork patterns like the ones shown in your picture and I realized they're NOT for beginners. Where would you suggest I start or where did you start when you began doing beadwork?

Absolutely gorgeous! How long have you been doing beadwork for??

A Question for you, if you don't mind. :blush I bought a book with some lacey fringey beadwork patterns like the ones shown in your picture and I realized they're NOT for beginners. Where would you suggest I start or where did you start when you began doing beadwork?

I did not use books for my bead work (pattern wise) I have Turkish lace Works (OYA) Catalogues, it has many kind of thread works in it.

I am not very experienced one, I am crocheting since 2000, I learned crocheting by looking to pictures and I learned how to read symbols, still working on reading and writing instructions, not going well. :(

I started to make simple trims and add beads at their last row. I prefer fine (size 30 and finer) nylon or polyester threads for heavy bead work because they are stronger than fine cotton threads. If I use size 10 threads and little larger beads than I use cotton threads.

I found following links for bead work for beginners at this thread, I even saw there is crochet classroom, I am assuming that it may have bead teaching class too.

They are

http://beadwork.about.com/od/beginnerbeaders/Beginners_Beadwork_Bench.htm

http://www.beadcrochet.com/

http://crochet101.forumotion.com/index.htm

I hope it helps a little and thank you for your nice words :)

Demet

Beautiful! I've tried the bead rope before but couldn't do it. You've done a great job with your work.

Absolutely stunning!

I love your beading work; I tried crochet beading but could not get the the hang of it at all. Your work is beautiful, the black is my favourite.

wow!!!! What else can be said?

Breath-taking !!! Thanks for sharing !!!

Those are so lovely! You do wonderful work! Hmmm....wondering where my edging book went...

Simply beautiful.