Camel crochet hooks

the only thing i found:

Camel Crochet is a simple technique using regular crochet hooks which can be learned quickly even by those with little or no needlework experience.

The term "Camel™ Crochet" is a trademarked term and can only be used by the author/publisher in the books you will find at Lone Star Yarns. Therefore, it becomes very difficult to find patterns using the technique since there is no universal name for it.

Lone star yarns however seems to have shut down.. so sorry.. i dont think i was of much help!

These are hooks that are intended for use by Camels.. They're made to fit the hooves and because the camels often forget and tend to walk on them, they have to be made very sturdy. Way to heavy for normal use.

heh just kidding. I've NO idea.

I agree with Angora that camel crochet was a technique and didn't require a special hook. Several years ago, I did an extensive internet search and didn't really find too much about it.

I don't know if this link will work, but there was some discussion of in in About.com a long time ago. (If this doesn't work, you can go to about.com and go to the forums and extended search and just put in camel and change "search from beginning."

http://forums.about.com/n/pfx/forum.aspx?sr=y&msg=1246.4&nav=messages&webtag=ab-crochet

• 2 years later...

There has been much discussion regarding this awesome craft technique known as “Camel Crochet”….. And, we at Concepts Abound LLC have recently obtained the printing rights to reproduce the original documents as e-Books. The e-Book set can now be purchased at www.camelcrochet.com in PDF format!

Additionally, please visit our Facebook page “Camel Crochet”. Once there remember to join our community of Camel Crochet friends and enthusiasts.

These are hooks that are intended for use by Camels.. They're made to fit the hooves and because the camels often forget and tend to walk on them, they have to be made very sturdy. Way to heavy for normal use.

:lol actually was thinking that was item used by camel trainers so there feet could sift through the sand :lol had me fooled

I am sure that Jimbo can make one with one hump or two :lol

There has been much discussion regarding this awesome craft technique known as “Camel Crochet”….. And, we at Concepts Abound LLC have recently obtained the printing rights to reproduce the original documents as e-Books. The e-Book set can now be purchased at www.camelcrochet.com in PDF format!

Additionally, please visit our Facebook page “Camel Crochet”. Once there remember to join our community of Camel Crochet friends and enthusiasts.

I have copies of all these and love them. I am so glad they are going to be reproduced.

I have all 3 Camel Books and have done a few baby blankets in Camel Stitch. LOVE it.

for better practice piece make 3x5 sample peice and label each one. Once I did that for all the different stitches in the book , I then make baby blankets.

• 3 months later...

Oh I knew Jimbo with come up with a funny today. Oh how I love Crochetville there humor everywhere. Could be a hook with one hump or two?

Archived