3 More Hats for Clear Star

CrochetLiving

My sister, Clear Star, is under going chemo. I buzzed her hair last night because it was so raggedy and patchy.

Here are three hats I made from Lion Brand Naturals Organic Cotton. The yarn is so soft. I used 4 skeins, one of each color, to make all three hats. Two hats are yarncat's Durango and the other is a hat called Starburst ( not for the faint of heart!).

th_hats017.jpg

th_hats014.jpg

th_hats009.jpg

I wanted to post the Starburst pattern in case anyone wanted to make it. The pattern is not clearly written but it is pretty when it comes out right. The maximum number of stitches I used for the row before working even is 72. I used an I hook. When you close the star pattern, each star is 6 hdc. I also just did a plain sc for the last row.

http://redcrochet.wordpress.com/patterns/starburst-hat-tutorial/

I really love your hats,Very classy. I love the colors that you used too! I hope that your sister will be feeling well soon! Judy

Thank you! I appreciate the nice comments and I will send her your regards!

The Organic Yarn is limited in colors but makes a nice hat.

You're sister is very lucky that you are so talented. the hats you're making her are really nice. You might already know this blog but I made myself some of the hats from this site: http://bythehook.blogdrive.com/archive/131.html

I still wear the Giddyup Go hat for warmth and everyone comments on it and ask where to get the pattern. There are several other hats on this site and the directions are really good.

Your sister will need lots of hats cause she'll be wearing them everyday and it gets really boring wearing the same ones.

Keep taking care of your sister and make sure she knows we're all thinking of her.

~ Debby

You're sister is very lucky that you are so talented. the hats you're making her are really nice. You might already know this blog but I made myself some of the hats from this site: http://bythehook.blogdrive.com/archive/131.html

I still wear the Giddyup Go hat for warmth and everyone comments on it and ask where to get the pattern. There are several other hats on this site and the directions are really good.

Your sister will need lots of hats cause she'll be wearing them everyday and it gets really boring wearing the same ones.

Keep taking care of your sister and make sure she knows we're all thinking of her.

~ Debby

Thank you so much for your kind thoughts! I do tell her whenever anyone sends her a hug or prayers. As soon as I make a new hat, she puts it on right away. She even sleeps in them.

I have to tell you that my sister is so beautiful. Her father was a German lion tamer and she resembles him with the blond hair and light eyes. But more importantly, she has a kind heart and a generous spirit. I gain inner strength by her determination and will to live.

When you or someone close to your heart is fighting a life and death battle, suddenly the little petty incidents in life become meaningless and the true value of our purpose is put to light.

Archived