Hubby's Checkered Flag Lapghan

LavaHalo

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2035/2314152295_b1bbd22eb7_o.jpg

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2413/2314152391_3de9c05ec9_o.jpg

Well FINALLY finished! :cheer

Here's the lapghan it took me a year to make! hahahaha It is my own design too. :) I have this one wrote down too! :D

Sorry if this is a repeat to you.

But it took me a year because when I started I had only been crocheting a year.

While its just a basic square. I had to make myself a square the size I wanted.

So I made WAY more squares than I used in this pattern!! I would try one way and didn't like it....too big, or too small, or just didn't like the square.

I have now learned while I really love some squares. I get soooo BORED with repeating square after square after square!!! UGH! LOL Sometimes I would get the nods! Ya know start falling asleep and looking like a bobble head doll! ROTFLMBO!!!

I really wanted this lapghan done and gone! I couldn't finish before Christmas. So I REALLY wanted it done for his birthday.

So what do ya think? Be honest now. ;) I can't do better if I don't know what's wrong.

Quick reply to all...I don't know how to use this board that great yet. This is my first post sharing my work. I wanted to give a HUGE Thank you to all who has replyed!!! :manyheart How sweet! I haven't get this many or as fast of a reply now where else!! Thanks again!! :hug

I think its Wonderful!!! Absolutely Wonderful!!!

you did a fabulous job... and the 'black and white' checkered flag look is too cool!

be proud of yourself!

:mug

It looks like you did a great job and I know a NASCAR nut I might do this for. I know what you mean about 'nodding off', I did that when I was making the Flannelghan. I love the pattern, love the finished product, but sometimes . . . it can get pretty boring.

Sometimes when I have to join a lot of squares I will join them using a single crochet and it kind of adds a 3-dimensional aspect to the blanket and a zig-zag effect. Just an idea for a different (easy) way to join them.

~ Debby

I think its Wonderful!!! Absolutely Wonderful!!!

you did a fabulous job... and the 'black and white' checkered flag look is too cool!

be proud of yourself!

:mug

Awww...thansk a bunch!! :D

You've done a beautiful job on that lap ghan ... I bet hubby is happy and proud of you..

keep up the great works..

Thanks! He does like it! :)

It looks like you did a great job and I know a NASCAR nut I might do this for. I know what you mean about 'nodding off', I did that when I was making the Flannelghan. I love the pattern, love the finished product, but sometimes . . . it can get pretty boring.

Sometimes when I have to join a lot of squares I will join them using a single crochet and it kind of adds a 3-dimensional aspect to the blanket and a zig-zag effect. Just an idea for a different (easy) way to join them.

~ Debby

Hmmm thats for the tip and comment! :hug

• 2 months later...

Archived