RebeccaVelasquez

[ENDED] Sea of Yarn - UPDATED, PLEASE REVIEW

435 posts in this topic

FINALLY!! sign up has begun for the summer yarn swap!!!

BUseaofyarn.gif

i'll have the page to link back to up soon:P

let's go on a yarn adventure under the sea!! bright, fun, tropical colors!

teals, orange, yellow, bright pinks and purples!

grab your scuba gear and join us :sun

This swap has been organized into themes. The idea is to send yarn within the color/style, which happens to be a bit early for upcoming holidays or seasons. This way, yarn is received in time for a creation to be made.

Yarn to send: You may send any type/brand yarn/thread you’d like – please make sure your partner(s) do not have allergies:P . You may purchase from the store or send from your personal stash. If de-stashing, please make certain that the yarn is in “new†condition.

The maximum amount spent should be $25 (of course you'll spend less if you shop sales or are destashing). Just make certain your yarn package is valued at $25. Feel free to include a pattern or small giftee within the theme along with your yarn if you wish, but this is NOT an obligation of this swap.

You have 60 days to send items. June 1-July 31. Please do not sign up if you cannot participate. If in the middle you find that you cannot fulfill your committment, email me. Arrangements will be made for your partners.

If you are able, PLEASE take photos of the yarn you will send (in case the receiver does not have a digital camera) and pictures of what you receive. Email them to me and I'll make sure they are posted.

You will be given the number of partners you request. You may or may not be receiving from the same person(s) you ship to. I do not want anyone to be left out that wants to participate. This is too much fun.

Place “Crochetville Yarn Swap†somewhere on your package so that the receiver can jump in excitement when it arrives.

"Thank you's" are required! You can send a thank you by mail, email, or posting on the thread. You MUST let either myself or your partner know when a package is received.

Have Fun!

Since we are an international group, everyone is more than welcome to participate, that means that your pal may live across the world. Keep this in mind when mailing items-allowing for extra shipping time.

works like this:

sally > sue

sue > betty

betty > sally

sally sends to sue

sue sends to betty

betty sends to sally

Partner List

dsa0901 > broncrochets

losing my mind > goldi316 & broncrochets

crochetedmonkey > kittylou & kellyv

dennymare > craftimama

broncrochets > lauravee & craftimama

goldi316 > fran

kaml2000 > kellyv & catana

kellyv > faithpa76 & fran

ashegypt > diamond & 123mama

kittylou > megan

craftimama > suttygirl2004 & vernzap

twoqtgirls > crochetedmonkey

123mama > buggaboosmommy

lauravee > crazzy cow & tween & micountesss

catana > samio

fran > cinfulkarmah & dennymare

faithpa76 > losingmymind & dsa0901

vernzap > marla

diamond > jaclim & TCsGirl

yarngal > crochetedmonkey ---sent, awaiting confirmation of delivery

megan > twoqtgirls

dixieredhead > kaml2000

dani > faithpa76 ----undetermined, waiting on a confirmation email

suttygirl2004 > lauravee

jenc > kittencrochet

buggaboosmommy > rebeccav

crazzy cow > lauravee

cinfulkarmah > kaml2000 & losing my mind

frangipani > cinfulkarma

TCsGirl > crochet buffet

marla > crochet buffet

hookandi > frangipani

earthwhisper > dixieredhead

jaclim > tweentween > knittykim & mumbles17

happygeek > yarngal

samio > mumbles17

yarn angel > csabers

csabers > ashegypt ---sent, awaiting delivery

mumbles17 > earthwhisper & woolandflax

knittykim > jenc & ashegypt

kittencrochet > jessecat

micountess > jessecat

crochet buffet > diamond & yarn angel & knittykim

rebeccav > hookandi

jessecat > happygeek &dani ---sent, awaiting confirmation of delivery

IF YOUR NAME APPEARS IN BOLD AS THE SHIPPER (ON THE LEFT) IT MEANS THAT YOUR PARTNER HAS EITHER NOT RECEIVED THEIR PACKAGE OR HAS NOT POSTED THAT IT HAS ARRIVED. EVERYONE WHOSE NAME IS IN GREEN HAS HAD ALL OF THEIR PACKAGES ACKNOWLEDGED.....

IF YOU HAVE MAILED AND YOUR PARTNER HAS NOT POSTED, PLEASE LET ME KNOW. MY PM IS FULL, SO PLEASE EMAIL ME AT: rebecca@ewedevil.com

IF YOU HAVE A PICTURE OF THE ITEMS YOU SENT, INCLUDE THAT IN YOUR EMAIL AND I WILL POST THEM :D

I'm IN! :cheer:clap:manyheart:yay :yay :yay Now to start looking at yarn....I know that will be SUCH a sacrifice, having to go pet yarn....sigh. The things we do for our friends her at Crochetville. :lol

Kathy

the boxes are small... but you can still type all your info in them.

i know i didn't do it exactly right (still not sure what i'm doing wrong) but it works and i wanted to get it up as soon as i could. :P

OH -

for those involved in the May deStash - i'm thinking this shouldn't count... as you'll be sending it away and not stashing any :hook

The spaces are small, but it looks like you can still fill them in.

Forgive me if I've missed something, but I've looked around and can't find anything about the basic how-to's of a yarn swap. Can someone enlighten me, pretty please?

I've never been part of a swap before and I was wondering what the obligations are. How much do you need to send? Is there a dollar amount, or number of skeins? How does it all work? Thanks

Perfect timing! I just put aside some colors that I won't be using and hadn't figured out yet what to do with them.

Woohoo! Good thing this starts after the destashing thing ends, lol.

Woohoo! Good thing this starts after the destashing thing ends, lol.

You and me, kid. I have my eye on a big container of yarn that's tucked away in the thrift store sorting room. I told D not to even think about sorting it out until June because I'll probably want most of it.

Only two more weeks of suffering. :drool

I am SO in.:D I have just the items ready too!! The fates must be with us. I am assuming swapees will be assigned to the swapper??

those who sign up will get their list of people to send to on June 1

:hook

hey hey, how cool is my hubby for making the fish swim in the button!?! :cheer:clap:cheer

Woohoo!:cheer:cheer I'm in. :yay

I'm loving the Summer Secret Pals so this should be the icing on the cake. Can't wait to start choosing yarn!:clap

Bron

Your hubby is VERY cool for making that button, Rebecca! Very cute button (although if he's like my dh, he won't appreciate the "cute" comment, lol).

Love to be a part of this swap...going to fill out form right now!!!