Dishcloths with Center Scrubbies - Free Patterns

RecycleCindy

I love cotton crocheted dishcloths and got the idea to make a center plastic scrubbie. My center scrubber is made from recycled plastic bags or plarn. It gives you a bit of scrubbing power when doing your dishes. Here is my latest motif pattern.

motifdishcloth.JPG

I have made some round ones too and have all the patterns free if you are interested in trying this recycled project. Here is the link to the free motif pattern shown above. I also have some round patterns available here if you want to crochet those.

These are great. Gives me lots of ideas. I just posted about Not easy being green. Plarn.....:clap Thanks again. One less bag in the trash.

Brenda

editing because I just saw your site with how to pictures. If you can post on message about not easy being green someone was asking about pictures an how to's.

years and years ago I remember people using the mesh bag that onions come in and scrunching it up into a ball and crocheting around it as a dishcloth....nowadays you can find these nylon scrubbies in the dollar store and crochet around them and make it look like a daisy flower

The only thing wrong with this idea is what happens when your scrubbie wears out. I know because I made one of these combo's several years ago with one of my homemade scrubbies that is now worn to the point of not being usable, but the dishcloth is still good, just with a big hole in the center!

The only thing wrong with this idea is what happens when your scrubbie wears out. I know because I made one of these combo's several years ago with one of my homemade scrubbies that is now worn to the point of not being usable, but the dishcloth is still good, just with a big hole in the center!

Yes, this could happen. I think the plastic bags may hold up longer but I will see too. Otherwise I may have a hole in the middle too! :eek

Ah, that is when you SEW IN A NEW CENTER :sew ...recycling it again!

Just several thoughts... I make scrubbies using nylon net... I cut it into 1 1/2 inch strips and tie it together to form a long strip... then I crochet it into a scrubbie.....

Have you thought about crocheting the dishcloth with a hole in the center and weave the scrubbie into the center... that way when the scrubbie is worn out you just cut the thread from the weave and weave in a new scrubbie...

Archived