World's most expensive yarn?

ltpowell

Holy cow. I think I'd have to frame it and hang it on the wall. I'd be afraid to use it.

It must be very lightweight because 1 oz has 217 yards. About 2000 yards for a long sleeved cardigan means about 10 oz or about $3,000!

I wonder if I should add this to my bucket list...wear a sweater of vicuna wool....

And when you kick the bucket, someone will steal it because of its value.

Would anyone actually WANT vicuna yarn? If you made it into any kind of wearable, you'd worry every second that you'd spill on it, catch a fingernail on it, sweat wearing it, or someone would flick a cigarette ash on it.

proof that some people have more money than brains.

:blush

The person who ordered this was thinking:

" What a bargain! $300 a ball. I ordered 12 balls myself. :laughroll I'm making a afghan for the gnomes in my front yard.The gnomes demand nothing but the best. :yes "

I am kidding of course. Seriously, this is ridiculous.

And hand wash and dry flat?? For that price, it would have to do it by itself and sing as it does it.

Well, if you don't need to gas up your car, that could work. Yeah, right!!!

LI Roe

I just looked up "vicuna" on Google, and the animal is cute! Apparently, it's a protected species...

They have to catch these boogers in the wild, then release them! That's an interesting concept for getting rare fibers from protected animals....

I just took a look at it....and its out of stock...so someone is buying it....lol :think

Well considering how little they get from each animal, they probably only had one or two balls in stock. :lol

Archived