Breast cancer awareness items.....

ktornatola

Hi! I usually don't ask for anything and feel kinda bad doing it now, but here goes. I have a co-worker who's sister was recently diagnosed with breast cancer. She has asked that we donate for her neice who will be walking in The Avon Awareness walk. I was thinking that I could put together a basket or something made of awareness items (i.e. dishcloths with the ribbon, coffee cozies with the ribbon, etc). I was wondering if anyone would like to donate any items made with the awareness ribbon. I was hoping to set up a raffle for all the items. All the proceeds would be going to my co-worker for donations to the Susan B Komen foundation.

Thanks in advance if you can help :hug

:cheerI am doing the "Relay For Life" this weekend, well I am in a team but I dont usually do so much walking. I leave that to the young ones and I do the cheering on.

We have done it the last couple of years because my DIL and her mum have both been through Breast Cancer and beaten it so the family get together to celebrate and raise money at the same time.

I knit a scarf which, when done in pink looks like the Breast Cancer Awareness Ribbon so I would love to send you one if you would like to PM me your postal address.

th_TradeMe155.jpg

This scarf has a tube where it crosses over, so you can thread the other end through. This keeps the scarf nice and secure in any weather.

I know you are coming into your Spring and Summer but Autumn and Winter will follow along soo enough.

Let me know if you would like one for your basket.

Have fun.

Colleen:hug

i will make you some pins that they can wear. i love making pins. i made pins for each holiday for my working girls. will that be ok?

If you can tell me exactly what you need hun, I will do it too. I lost my grandmother 27 yrs ago to Breast Cancer. Anything I can do, I am always there to help out! Just let me know, ok?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi! I wanted to let everyone know that I'll will be bringing the items to school this week to be donated. I would also like to thank everyone who sent something for the raffle. I will be taking a picture later on today and posting it :)

Thank you all for you generosity! :hug

• 3 weeks later...

Hi! I'm closing the raffle tomorrow. We had Spring vacation last week and I wanted to give it another week. :) I will let you know tomorrow how things go :D Thanks for asking!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi ladies! I closed the raffle on Friday. I was able to raise $173! The woman I raised it for was very moved and the winners were very happy as well :) I wanted to thank all the ladies who contributed something. You ladies are wonderful! :hug

Archived