paperflowers

do you need a laugh today?

:eek Wow that is tragic....I would cry and cry and cry if that happened to me. Gulp

:lol:lolCan we now say that your crocheting is hot stuff!! Glad no one was hurt...except your needlework...:( but I'm sure you'll finish by hook or crook!:hug

WOW!! Sure am glad that everyone and everything else is OK. Good (and fast) thinking.

And I was so looking forward to hearing how fast crocheting created friction and a spark and a fire!

Seriously, I'm glad you had the calmness to throw water on it right away. Fires spread so quickly.

And I was so looking forward to hearing how fast crocheting created friction and a spark and a fire!

hehe... me too! i'm sorry for your loss.. but your story did make me smile! :hook

heres wishing you disaster-free crocheting forever! :)

Whew, I've never caught any projects on fire! My sister hasn't even caught any on fire! Maybe you should just get the candles a new home, like on top of a bookcase, then you'll know you won't waft over them!

Wow! What a story! Good thing you had that water bottle there and were able to think well in the "heat" of the moment! :) Bad joke, I know! Let us know what the finished product looks like!

Wow! Sure glad you had the water handy & nothing else happened!:eek

What a tragedy! Like most other things in life, there is something "good." Do I detect a bit of romantic scene setting by your husband??? :manyheart

That yarn is so flammable! I actually got a little baby dress I was working on on fire last night. I decided that using that yarn is a bad idea. I'm glad nobody was hurt. I can't believe how fast it goes up in flames.

LOL @ jokes. Crochet is so hot it's "on fire." :) This happened on Valentine's Day. DH had lit tea candles all over the living room and was cooking dinner.

The top is really coming together. The front & back are done and I'm working on a sleeve.

Bummer! It could have been worse - you might have completed it and been wearing it.