Traveling hook III- raising awareness for FA . UPDATE !!!!post #509

angelfire

No kiddin.... if she wins i might have to go looking for some kind of fire proof finish for the hook ((heat from friction caused by ultrasonic crocheting has been shown (maybe to somebody) to cause spontaneous hook combustion)).

Luckly i won't have to worry about that over in that thread. She'll likely win the Ferrari.

• Replies 558
  • Created
  • Last Reply
WOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOO!!! We're gettin dang close to fifty kind generous and good lookin crochetiers. High time I ast just what kind of hook you all would prefer. Lets do a little informal poll to find out. Pick one each

size: H J K L M N P Q

shape: Thumb rest, Universal rest, No rest

style: Hand carved Turned/Carved

Wood: Apple from the crick, Red Heart, Padauk, Cherry, Maple, Pokey Bramble

You can see examples of most of these in my blog

I know I know... its not a Ferrari or even a tricycle (see the prizes in the hooking for a cure thread)... but hay you're not gonna get a speeding ticket with a Jimbo hook.

I'll gladly give my answers, since I"m droolin over your hooks constantly lately

size: J

shape: Thumb rest

style: Either or Hand carved Turned/Carved

Wood: Cherry I love cherry wood

Joyce

Never was able to squeeze a G outa a piece of wood... much less one outa Oak. But for YOU?

i'd try

Can't wait to do this Traveling Hook! Angelfire, will you post a listing of who gets the hook next for this one?

Jimbo...my vote for the hook prize is a G, I, or J with the thumb rest in cherry. And of course I vote for hand carved!

Hi there,

I'd love to be involved in this! I am also living with this condition. I am 28 and I was diagnosed when I was 18. It is truly wonderful that you all are doing this. FA is a rery rare condition, affecting 1 in 50,000. Because it is so rare, it does not get the attention that it deserves for research...but a cure is on the horizon, or treatments. A few years ago, they found the gene that is responsible, so they have come a long way. New treatments/cures are in the developing and clinical trial phases but it takes much time and much more money to bring it through all the steps.

It would be an honor for me to be a part of this...please let me know how.

Angela :manyheart

So glad to have you here, Angela! You're an inspiration!

You can go to

http://travelinghook3.blogspot.com/

and see how this hook is going to wing its way about the country spreading awareness and maybe just getting us a cure for you and Jessica! I've heard that a cure might be as close as 5 years away, if the research can be focused. You did nothing to deserve this affliction and you DO deserve to have all the help and hope we can give!

Thank you again for participating!

You're a TROOPER, Angela!! Please stay in touch and let us know how things are going.

Can't believe I am getting the hook first. This is my first experience with traveling hook and I am so honored to be a part of it. I will let you all know when I get the hook.

I already have my blue and white yarn ready ( I am assuming we are doing regular WW yarn) I am looking for my earthy tones, I just made an afghan for me earlier this year that was earth tones so I know I have them.

Answer to Jimbo's question (as I have been drooling over them as well)

I have a special thumb rest need as he already knows (he made my chop hook special and I love it :manyheart )

Prefer I, J, L hooks but would love any size

Prefer Cherry but once again just owning one of his regular hooks would be a gift.

Prefer hand carved but would be happy with either.

I'll answer Jimbo's questions too!

I prefer I, J or K hooks with a thumb rest.

I love Cherry wood but all the hooks you make out of every kind of wood is gorgeous. I drool over your blog often.

I'm not partial to how it is carved.

Any jimbo hook would be fantastic!

I am so excited the hook is finally on its way to all of us. Bonnie this is such a terrific cause. Thanks for putting this one together.

Jimbo I am the one who won your hook for this so I will gracefully have you leave my name out of the pick to give others a chance to recieve such a wonderful gift. I love my hook and I know anyone who gets this one will be as honored as I am to have mine. :hug Of course my choices would be H and purple heart or apple.

WOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOO!!! We're gettin dang close to fifty kind generous and good lookin crochetiers. High time I ast just what kind of hook you all would prefer. Lets do a little informal poll to find out. Pick one each

size: H J K L M N P Q

shape: Thumb rest, Universal rest, No rest

style: Hand carved Turned/Carved

Wood: Apple from the crick, Red Heart, Padauk, Cherry, Maple, Pokey Bramble

You can see examples of most of these in my blog

I know I know... its not a Ferrari or even a tricycle (see the prizes in the hooking for a cure thread)... but hay you're not gonna get a speeding ticket with a Jimbo hook.

I, myself, would be happy with any hook that you make. As for the speeding ticket...one never knows. :lol

:cheerI would love to be a part of this --- it would be my first traveling hook!!!

I would really love to try one of Jimbo's fantastic hooks!

I got the hook about an hour ago. I stalked the mail lady, she just laughed at me. Came in and started a square. The hook is gorgeous and it feels great in my hand. I am not used to an H hook as I crochet so tightly, J is my preferred but I did it.. I made a blue & white square for FA

th_030608-1.jpg

Made with RHSS Royal and White

PS Bonnie, the case you made for the hook is adorable :hook

My apologies, I've never contributed to a project before so I just want to make sure I am doing it right.

There is no specific pattern for the squares, right?

You'd like to hat Royal Blue and White for the FA squares?

You'd like earthtone squares for the blanket for Jessica, right?

All squares need to be 8 inches made with an H hook?

Is there a limit on the squares (not that I am a fast hooker or anything, just curious) Can I start the squares now or do I need to wait till I get the hook?

I will ask later where to send the squares. And I am sure that when my turn is closer, Iwill be asked (pm'd) for my address?

You all are really wonderful for doing this! I cannot thank you enough - as this disease affects me personally.

I am putting together my new blog http://thebrightsideishope.blogspot.com/ please check it out! I just started moments ago!

There is no specific pattern for the squares, right? correct

You'd like to hat Royal Blue and White for the FA squares? yes

You'd like earthtone squares for the blanket for Jessica, right? yes

All squares need to be 8 inches made with an H hook? yes

Is there a limit on the squares (not that I am a fast hooker or anything, just curious) Can I start the squares now or do I need to wait till I get the hook? wait until you get the hook

I will ask later where to send the squares. And I am sure that when my turn is closer, Iwill be asked (pm'd) for my address? if you would please send it to angelfire4u4ever at hotmail dot com

Archived