Traveling hook III- raising awareness for FA . UPDATE !!!!post #509

angelfire

The hook arrived at my home today from Jimbo.

We are looking forward to raising awareness for Freidreichs Ataxia http://www.curefa.org/education/friedreichs_ataxia.asp.

We would love to make Jessica( for whom the hook is named) http://jimbosfrontporch.blogspot.com/2008/02/traveling-hook-iii-is-here-jessica-hook.html and others afflicted with this disorder, afghans. I have contacted a representative from FARA about signing up for a Mission Fish account @ E-Bay so we could auction some to raise funds also.

If you would like to participate you can e-mail me @ angelfire4u4ever at hotmail dot com.also post here please.

The traveling hook will work like the others that have gone before it.

I will compile a list of participants both here and on the blog.

The hook will start from my house ( will be sending it off shortly) , and

travel to the first person on the final draft of the list (right now it is just a list),

that person will keep it approx. a week depending on what they are making,

they will send it on to the next person on the list with delivery confirmation.

This will continue until the list is completed.

Unlike other traveling hooks, this one will have sign-ups ongoing as long as we have those desiring to help raise awareness.

Come one come all

• Replies 558
  • Created
  • Last Reply

these have replied thus far;hook sent, hook received , squares received, item sent to Jimbo

tris4crochet

TheLadyWind

tracyleigh

Cherri

grannyannie

CrisKad/Desiree

Jadyn05

Inga (Ireland)made item for auction to held in WA

chrissyf

wildthing1058

JoAnn

CandEsmom

YarnTwstr

tiffmeyer

Segi1974

kwoolls

candiwv

Juanita

Krystal16

CatherineC

Daisy

loopy1

PraiseJesus

jmccrochet

kittyloverdeb

KarenG

LindaL

JoBug

laughlovehook

jamiejewels

jessicagil

KathyWho

teakaycee

Triskele

jenuwhiner

nana

wiz3283

DeboraS

ladywillow

JoyL

rstultz

mbcindy

Brina

coolhockeymom

angelfire

Wow! Another hook on its way! This one is on a quest to raise awareness of a condition that afflicts not nearly as many as cancer, but it can be everybit as devastating; and what makes it all the worse is that it afflicts mainly kids. You can read more about it by clicking on the "AXE ATAXIA" button in my blog, and I encourage all who have a blogs to copy the button into their blogs. Just raising awareness is important. The button is also in the blog that our Angelfire has set up for the hook's travels, at http://travelinghook3.blogspot.com/ (I think you can copy the button from there too). Please go check it out.

I made a very special hook for this event, from Redheart which is a really REALLY pretty wood and I'm hoping it will be as nice to use as the previous traveling hook.

My unending gratitude and thanks go once again to Angelfire for lending her heart and talent to this project!

PLEASE join in and help these kids.

An interesting note. There will be a conference this month in Las Vegas where Ataxia parents, patients, and the medical community will gather to learn more about coping and how research is progressing. This very effort right here in good ole Crochetville will be discussed there as one of the efforts being conducted to raise awareness and hope for these families who are going through life changing challenges. Crochetville will once again be in the spotlight!!! And in a way that couldn't be more positive.

My heartfelt thanks to all who participate!

Gratefully

Jimbo

I thought I was in ~confused~

:eek yes, of course you are:blush missed your

name when I was transferring list names yesterday.:thinkI am so sorry

Daisy, I am waiting to hear what Jessica's favorite color is as her's is the first one we are making. But for sure we will be using royal blue and white, as the awareness ribbon for FA is Royal Blue and the white will offset it nicely.

Ah you guys!! What an incredible bunch!

ok... i've been over to Jessica's and her walls are tan and brown so i'd say earthy colors would be just fine.

and the blues too for the others. I'm suspecting that these will be going to kids of all sizes, boys and girls. Jessica's one of the older ones affected... she's 26. There are older folks with the condition too, but most are grade school, high school and college age.

Thanks again you guys. And I'm sure I can speak for FARA and thank you for them too!

Jimbo

Ah you guys!! What an incredible bunch!

ok... i've been over to Jessica's and her walls are tan and brown so i'd say earthy colors would be just fine.

and the blues too for the others. I'm suspecting that these will be going to kids of all sizes, boys and girls. Jessica's one of the older ones affected... she's 26. There are older folks with the condition too, but most are grade school, high school and college age.

Thanks again you guys. And I'm sure I can speak for FARA and thank you for them too!

Jimbo

Jimbo thank you for the update. Off to find some earthtone yarn.

Just decided that since I'm donating a prize to the hooking for a cancer cure, it would only be fair to do the same here. So here's what i'm going to do. When we get to 50 lovely and talented crochetiers volunteering for this cause, I'll put all the names in a hat and pick a winner. That person will get a jimbo hook. If we get another 50 sign ups, I'll do it again. So the trick is to sign up soon so you might get to be in on the drawing for the first AND second 50 sign ups.

I'll be watching the list in the traveling hook III blog (it actually has some folks involved from outside the 'Ville) for the count. When we hit 50, watch for a big winner!!!

Gotta give back SOMETHING to you kind, generous, and good lookin people.

Jimbo

Just decided that since I'm donating a prize to the hooking for a cancer cure, it would only be fair to do the same here. So here's what i'm going to do. When we get to 50 lovely and talented crochetiers volunteering for this cause, I'll put all the names in a hat and pick a winner. That person will get a jimbo hook. If we get another 50 sign ups, I'll do it again. So the trick is to sign up soon so you might get to be in on the drawing for the first AND second 50 sign ups.

I'll be watching the list in the traveling hook III blog (it actually has some folks involved from outside the 'Ville) for the count. When we hit 50, watch for a big winner!!!

Jimbo

You are just too generous. I think I'm in :manyheart. Will you marry me? LOL

Just decided that since I'm donating a prize to the hooking for a cancer cure, it would only be fair to do the same here. So here's what i'm going to do. When we get to 50 lovely and talented crochetiers volunteering for this cause, I'll put all the names in a hat and pick a winner. That person will get a jimbo hook.

Jimbo

we are at 30 right now, need 20 more. Remember sign up don't close at any number this time it is ongoing:hug

You are just too generous. I think I'm in :manyheart. Will you marry me? LOL

Karol's advice to you..... Hold out for the hook.

hmmmmmmm

I want to join in in!!!!! I have never done a traveling hook before so if someone would kindly pm me what I need to know, I would appreciate it. I would love to participate!

WOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOO!!! We're gettin dang close to fifty kind generous and good lookin crochetiers. High time I ast just what kind of hook you all would prefer. Lets do a little informal poll to find out. Pick one each

size: H J K L M N P Q

shape: Thumb rest, Universal rest, No rest

style: Hand carved Turned/Carved

Wood: Apple from the crick, Red Heart, Padauk, Cherry, Maple, Pokey Bramble

You can see examples of most of these in my blog

I know I know... its not a Ferrari or even a tricycle (see the prizes in the hooking for a cure thread)... but hay you're not gonna get a speeding ticket with a Jimbo hook.

Archived