I'm on a roll! (crocheted necklace)

kestrel5287

very pretty !!! love the colour of the beads ..do i spot swarovski's??

hehe no, you spot plastic from walmart :lol I got all the beads from some really cheap trim...I just pulled off the beads lol

Thanks though! I'm glad you like it!

It's lovely, I'm getting inspired to try...do you have dedicated hooks? I hear wire can be VERY hard on hooks...and I've read enough to know it's not the most forgiving/stretchy (duh) fibre to work with :lol...but that necklace of yours is gorgeous!

Gorgeous! So do you thread all the beads on first, then pull them up as you crochet?

I absolutely love it! You've got lots of patience. I've tried to make crocheted wire jewelry once and just gave up. It is NOT easy!! Great job.:clap

Thanks for all the positive feedback everyone!

Kiirs - Yes, I strung all the beads on first, the pulled them up as I wanted them.

#1Crochetfan - I had tried wire crochet before with a thinner wire and it didn't want to hold it's shape at all! I had nearly given up until I tried it with the florist's wire.

Momcrochets - Yes, I have a purple H hook I use for my wire. Almost all the color has worn off the hook part from the wire rubbing on it...so it probably is pretty tough on the hooks...I think I mentioned this before, but it's also pretty tough on your hands if you do it for too long. I have to take a break after a little while. I definately encourage any branching out from just plain ol yarn though!

Archived