A NEW twist on a Granny bag

crochetingfool

I got this pattern from the Drops design website.

I love this pattern. I'm going to make a few of these. They are fun to create. This bag was made from 4ply

yarn my next ones I'm going to use cotton.

check it out:

http://madcrochetingfool1.blogspot.com/2008/03/drops-design-purse.html

Linda :sun

Link: http://www.garnstudio.com/lang/en/visoppskrift.php?d_nr=106&d_id=16〈=us

That is really COOL!!!! I love it. I might have to drop my other seven projects I have going to start one of these. You did a really good job, thanks for sharing. :hook

Tina

Thanks everyone!!!:hug

It was really fun to make. I always like to take a pattern I like and make it my own, put my own zing into it.

If you have any problems with the pattern feel free to email me with any questions.

Thank again everyone! :hug

You start by making 2 diamonds.

The pattern is super easy.

Then you crochet the bottom of those 2 diamonds together.

Starting at the top of one of the diamonds you crochet from the top to the middle of the two diamonds then decrease 1 sc on each side where the two diamonds meet, then sc to the other side of the 2nd top chain 2 turn and repeat this process decreasing in the middle 1 dec per diamond side until you have 8 or 9 sc left.

Then make your straps and you're finished.

fun fun fun...

I'm starting one in cotton now....

I tried to make one of the diamonds and it curled up, what stitch did you use? I think maybe my hook was too small or I crochet too tight/ I meant to get back to it, but got an invite to a wedding shower, so had to make up a market bag and some dishcloths. Maybe next week.

I love your version.

Archived