mill end yarn

megamomls

I just posted this in the "yarn links" in the Yarn Talk forum & thought all of you wonderful people that do charity work would be interested in this also.

I just thought I'd let everyone know about a great place I found for RH mill end yarns. They are currently uploading their discount yarns & also getting ready to stock other yarns as well. Their prices are great & their service is the best I've ever encountered!!!

http://www.angelicrafts.com/home.php

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I love mill end yarn and have bought and sold the Red Heart Mill Ends. You do need to be careful when you purchase this type of mill ends. I came across skeins that where string like, thicker then they should be, burnt, cut and some you couldn't use at all. Just be sure to ask questions before you buy so you don't end up with a bad bunch of yarn.

simplycrochet: ty for the heads up but I've bought a lot of yarn from them & only a couple of skeins in one color became a little thin....but that didn't bother me because sometimes I find that in the regular yarn I buy. I figure you can't go wrong for the price...it helps make charity work affordable.

gretelgrrl: yvw!! I was so excited to find them because I had been looking for RH mill ends for 2 years. lol

When I ordered in December my shipping was $8.79 for 7 lbs. of yarn to ship to Tx. Since that's about what I pay anywhere else I order on line, I think it's reasonable. They're service is very fast & I even got my order a day early during the holiday mailing season! If you'd like, you could contact them & ask how much to ship to you. They are EXTREMELY friendly people!

Veryyyyy late last night I ordered some yarn from them after seeing this post. Including shipping, the yarn will still be cheaper than buying off the shelf here. What was unsettling, was seeing the emailed order confirmation referring to 'order #2'. !

We shall see.

(shipping came to less than $7, and I'm in TX. I think they're in NC)

Veryyyyy late last night I ordered some yarn from them after seeing this post. Including shipping, the yarn will still be cheaper than buying off the shelf here. What was unsettling, was seeing the emailed order confirmation referring to 'order #2'. !

We shall see.

(shipping came to less than $7, and I'm in TX. I think they're in NC)

LOL I was #1.

okay, what are mill ends??

1st Quality Mill Ends are simply yarn that's left over at the end of a production run. It is usually sold by the pound in a plastic bag without a wrapper on it. Skeins maybe misshaped, irregular or sometimes smaller then a regular skein. Seconds would be mill ends that are possibly soiled, burnt, cut, thin to thick in places. You really want to buy 1st quality mill ends this is the best. You should ask before you make a purchase if it is 1st quality or seconds.

• 2 weeks later...

I ordered from angelicrafts either sunday or monday, and the order is here today (friday), amazing service, and the order is perfect.

Their "pounds" are 16-18oz. Are nice quality as far as I can see so far.

They are shipped beautifully. And a little handwritten note on the invoice saying thankyou.

Shipping is very very reasonable which I have not found to be true everwhere.

I am very pleased and will use this again and again.

I got red heart light and lofty as well as regular red heart WW, too.

It's sort of like homespun.

Just wanted to put in my two cents for this lovely store :)

blessings,

Kath

I just received my order and was very pleased to receive a follow up email to make sure that I received it. I have not opened the box yet but with customer service like that. It would have to be horrible for me not to buy from them again. I find that the RH that I have been getting from stores is very thick in spots anymore. So it cannot be any worse than that. The shipping was very reasonable compared to Peaches n cream website.

Archived