Comfortghan for male teen

Croshay

Deedes, :ty so much for the BEAUTIFUL dark red square that you sent! I love the bumpy texture of this one, and it will make a great addition to my son's comfortghan. :ty for contributing to this and helping me show him that there are a lot of people that care about him. :hug

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Deborah, I did get the "surprise" and :ty !!! I edited my first thank-you to you to include it. Senior moment, sorry... That journal will be perfect for keeping up with the Prayer Afghan Ministry! I've yet to make a list of who promised what & who's sent what, so I will do that in the journal you sent! You're so sweet to help me with both of my current "projects."

:ty so much! :hug

Our count so far is 18 received, and I've probably received half of what I've been promised so far. I'm not sure yet how big I'll make the comfortghan, but I'm thinking probably 63 squares (7 x 9) would make it a good, full size. All I know so far is the more squares I receive, the bigger it'll be and hopefully the more :heart he'll feel. :yes

I should have 5 squares in the mail for you today. If not they will go out monday. If you need more let me know and i will send more. I will let you know for what day they go out!

I've been able to make 12 squares so far this weekend, so that puts us up to 33! :yay:ty again to all the wonderful, caring people who have sent squares or are going to send them! I hope to start putting my son's comfortghan together in the next few days! :yay

O.k. We were just to busy here yesterday and i never got the squares in the mail. I will make sure they go out Monday. I can do that when the 4 big kids are in school.

As i see we still need more squares and i've been having so much fun making them, i will start some more to send. I think I'm having just as much fun making squares for you as i've had getting squares for the one I'm making.

Have a good day everyone!

:think I hope you received my squares. I mailed them out Tuesday of this past week. Hope my package to you didn't get lost. I mailed squares for your son's comfortghan and a square for the prayer afghan. I will try to send out more squares if you still need them this week.:hug:manyheart

Croshay when you get a chance how about letting us know what color squares you think you would like - the ones that work best with what you already have...... we want your son's afghan to look really nice!!! :yes

:think I hope you received my squares. I mailed them out Tuesday of this past week. Hope my package to you didn't get lost. I mailed squares for your son's comfortghan and a square for the prayer afghan. I will try to send out more squares if you still need them this week.:hug:manyheart

ScoobyDoo, YES and :ty so much! I did receive your squares! One for the Prayer Afghan Ministry and FIVE for my son's comfortghan!! :applause

Please forgive me for the delay in posting. :blush I actually just picked them up at church on Sun.

:ty :ty :ty

Deborah, great idea! I'll post the numbers & colors tonight if I have time.

You're so good at organizing this type of thing. Are you for hire? :rofl

Yes, but you can't afford me :lol However I do accept chocolate...

Ellie 13, we received your package yesterday!! :ty so much for TWELVE terrific black and blue squares! My son :heart'd the smiley face ones! :yes

Just to show how much I know about 15-year old boys, I didn't think he would like them...but he thought they were GREAT! :yay

And you even put black edging on them! You ROCK!

:ty for such a huge help with my son's comfortghan!!

Ok, I have 5 squares done right now, and I plan on making more but I'm afraid I won't be able to get them out until near the end of the week when I get some mula. But by then I should have around 10 or so, maybe more!! How many more squares do you need by the way?

Take care!!

(also, is there anything else that might cheer your son up a little? If there is could you pm me and tell me what that is? Thanks a ton!!)

Julee

What colors does he like hun? I have a HUGE variety! I want to start on them today for him!

I think camo is a hit, and other darker colors! I'm making some out of a skein of camo I have, and maybe a few black ones (?) and some dark green ones.

I think camo is a hit, and other darker colors! I'm making some out of a skein of camo I have, and maybe a few black ones (?) and some dark green ones.

"Croshay"My son says he would love black, dark camo, dark red, and navy blue."Croshay"

Croshay said these colors would work also!! :):hook

What colors does he like hun? I have a HUGE variety! I want to start on them today for him!

Linda, he likes dark colors like maroon, hunter green, navy blue, dark purple, and he actually :heart's that camouflage variegated yarn. :hook

:ty for offering to help!

You gals are the best. :cheer:cheer:cheerThis is really cheering him up even more than I had expected. :yay

Ok, I have 5 squares done right now, and I plan on making more but I'm afraid I won't be able to get them out until near the end of the week when I get some mula. But by then I should have around 10 or so, maybe more!! How many more squares do you need by the way?

Julee

Julee, that's TERRIFIC! :ty so much for helping! :hug

If you get them out by the end of the week - or even next week - that would be just GREAT! :yay

Archived