Comfortghan for male teen

Croshay

If you can, please send 6" squares in dark colors for me to put together a comfortghan for my 15 year old son. He has been through a horrible time and is in the hospital right now, trying to get a grip on his emotions. He has become very depressed and possibly suicidal. We learned 2 weeks ago that his father (my ex husband) was abusing him verbally and emotionally, really bad. :angry

I think it would be great to wrap my son in some love and comfort from people all over who care about what he's going through and wanting him to feel better.

I feel sorta strange making this request since I have the Prayer Afghan Ministry going on at the same time, but this is really important and I think it could help my son to feel a lot better.

He likes dark colors - so any dark colors will be good. I think I'll edge them all in black & then do a couple rounds around the whole thing in black. That should be masculine enough for him. :yes

Please PM me for the mailing address.

Thanks in advance to you great, supportive folks! :hug

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm so sorry to hear what a bad time your son is going through. I will keep him, and you, in my prayers. I'll make a square or two. And don't even think about feeling strange asking for help. I wish there were more I could do for him. DH and I went through a time with a suicidal son, he's better now but it was an awful time for all of us. (((((((hugs))))))))

Karen, :ty so much! I know he's in the right place to get some help - being in the hospital - but they said we have to watch him very closely because sometimes the medication they gave him can make teenagers MORE suicidal. :thumbdown

But for now he just needs some love and attention, so that's what he's going to get!

I'm glad your son is doing better now. :hug

:ty for offering to help!

I am so sorry to hear that your son is in a bad place :( but with lots of love and prayer he will get well again:manyheart I will keep you and your family in my prayers and ill get you a few squares made up this weekend. I have some camouflage yarn that will do great for this

:hug

please send me your address

I know he likes dark colors. Are whites or any light colors ok if most of the square is dark colors. I have a nice Royal blue if that's ok and i will get a dark red later today! Its your ghan just want to make sure i send squares you want so just let me know.

Smiles...

I've got 4 squares done for my DS's comfortghan. :clap (1 dark green and 3 dark blue) I'm going to try to pick up some black yarn today so I can start edging them & then work on the edging of the others as they start arriving in the mail.

It's not my favorite colors at all, but DS really likes what I've got done so far! :yay

black is not one of my favorite colors anymore either! I was working with it yesterday and have to have two lights and glasses!!! LOL

Sissie44, I guess our age is catching up with us! :lol

I would love to send you a couple of squares. Please pm me with your address and I will get right to work on them, as I have a dark maroon, a navy blue and a dark green that I could work up in a jiffy, and get them in the mail to you possibly tomorrow no later than tuesday.

I have some of the Red heart Zebra it's variegated black/white would that be ok for a square ? It's actually really cool

I haven't seen that color, but I think it would be fine. :hook

:ty

Archived