Hard Crochet Stetson Hat

CrochetDad

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That is a totally cool hat!! Great job. How will you block it? It's all very interesting!

And of course I agree with everyone else about how cute your granddaughter is! :-)

Lynn

The author gives instructions on blocking flat pieces in the book, which will probably work on the brim, but the crown is another story.

The properties of the carpet yarn he specifies makes the blocking technique a cross between blocking and felting.

Great job on the hat. I don't have that book. Yet. :P Your grand daughter is SO adorable. We tried three times for a girl. We will have to wait for DILs and grand daughters now...

Tina

Excellent job! If I made one of those for my husband, I'd have to pry it away from him with a crowbar! Your granddaughter is a little gem! Too cute!

My DH LOVES hats. I purchased this book and immediately put it on the shelf. Perhaps in the Fall I'll show this to him and see if he wants one. You've motivated me to give it a try; IF he wants one. :)

Go C-dad :cheer

• 2 months later...

what a neat hat :) Amaya is adorable and such a lovely name

It looks great on you! It's nice to see that patterns for men are actually out there. Your granddaughter is beautiful as well.

8247a2c008a0eb217a135010._AA240_.L.jpg

This book contains some great (and challenging) projects. I couldn't resist attempting the hat because it looked like something I'd like for myself.

Excellent job on the hat! And you're granddaughter is adorable!!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
What size hook did you use? Thanks for sharing it looks really good on you.

Hook size was 0 (3.25 mm) using Caron Worsted (One Pounder) yarn.

The stitches are very tight, as you might imagine. I recommend this book (Hard Crochet by Mark Dittrick) for those wanting to expand their crochet experience, or at least learn more about other, non-traditional methods for our beloved craft.

Archived