Snuggles Project CAL

catsncrochet

Hi everyone!

I'd like to join in! I've made some snuggles in the past for the SPCA here in Norfolk, VA, but haven't done any recently. I plan to get busy and hopefully put a dent in my yarn stash!

Lori

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Lori! I'm glad to have you join.

Just yesterday I started working on the Snuggles again. I got sidetracked...was working on an afghan for a bridal shower present. I finished that afghan over the weekend and am now able to devote most of my crochet time to Snuggles again.

Aimee

• 2 weeks later...

:h5 What a cool CAL! I'm in! :hook

I just finished 3 snuggles that I'm taking to my local shelter tomorrow along with a ton of toys. (I'll take a pic and post before I go.) I can't produce as much as catsncrochet, but I can definitely kick out a couple a month to support my local shelter!

Also, if you're interested, you might want to participate in the Daily Click to feed animals in shelters. It's free and no sign-up is required. All you have to do is click on the purple button at The Animal Rescue Site. For each click a sponsor provides over 1/2 bowl of food. :yes

:cat:dog

~ Mini

Mini,

The only way I'm able to crochet as much is because I'm unemployed at the moment. lol. The job market is really bad right now. I figure as soon as I get back to work, I probably won't be able to produce what I am now.

Aimee

I didn't get around to taking pics of the last batch, so I made a few more! These will be delivered today:

BlankiesFolded.jpg

BlankiesFlat.jpg

I keep it simple. I use Lion Wool-Ease Thick & Quick with a Boye P hook. It's just a starting ch of 31 and hdc with ch-1 on the ends for a straight edge. I crochet until the skein is done. A one-skein project! They're the perfect size for the cat cages at my local shelter.

~ Mini

Thanks cats! I just use one strand. The yarn is so thick that it's like using 3 strands of worsted. These colors were originally going to be a 'Clint Eastwood' poncho for my husband until he swore he'd never wear it. So, I've got about 10 more skeins that I can use for snuggles instead :P

• 1 month later...

Hey, guys...I've been slackin' the last couple months. About a month ago, I started working again (full-time) and it has taken me a while to get back in the routine of going to work and finding time to crochet either before or after work.

Yesterday, I started a Snuggle...this time I'm using the SC & DC pattern on the Snuggles Project website. I think this one is better than the straight DC pattern I'd been using...it's more solid than the straight DC pattern.

I took the recent class on how to crochet a graph w/color changing. The class was taught using a graph of a cat. After reading this thread, I added rounds to make it big enough to donate as a Snuggle to the local animal shelter (we got our kitties from there). There are several mistakes in here (the biggest being that when I went back to finish it up and add the round, I used the wrong size hook :eek ), but as it is for a kitten, I didn’t frog and fix.

2702621888_2aca311c1e.jpg?v=0

I'd like to join this one, too. I don't have many leftovers, nor do I have much of a stash, but I'm going to look for yarn sales to support this CAL. I got my 2 kitties from a shelter, and this seems like a great way to say thanks.

I got this one done in about 2 1/2 hours. It took exactly 1 skein of Caron SS yarn - actually, I could have used a little more, because it is 15x16 and I would have liked it to be square. Oh well! The kitties won't mind.

I used the single-double stitch on the Snuggles site with a double strand of yarn, and I really like the texture of the fabric. I think it would make a really comfy scarf or lapghan for those who live in colder climates! Possibly one for my DIL in Germany...

2708511870_287e188bb8.jpg?v=0

2 1/2 hrs?...wow...wish I could crochet that fast. How many chains did you do at the beginning?

It looks great. I know the kitties will love it. I'm currently working on a Snuggle with the single-double stitch with a staring chain of 69.

Aimee

This is awesome... I did get the pattern to make a afghan but you just gave me a idea as well.. These would be great...

Now if i can only find a pattern of a doggie like this one too...

Ohhhhh I think I got one of a dog bone so cool..

I took the recent class on how to crochet a graph w/color changing. The class was taught using a graph of a cat. After reading this thread' date=' I added rounds to make it big enough to donate as a Snuggle to the local animal shelter (we got our kitties from there). There are several mistakes in here (the biggest being that when I went back to finish it up and add the round, I used the wrong size hook :eek ), but as it is for a kitten, I didn’t frog and fix.

[img'] 2702621888_2aca311c1e.jpg?v=0 [/img]

Okay ladies:

I think I'm in on this one too.... It will be fun making some for my local shelter and My foxie's vet animal hospital where i adopted her from.

I will keep you posted of progress...

So count me in...

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I know this is kind of an old thread and I was wondering if all you are still involved in this project. I have just founf this cal and the Snuggles website. I have wanted to do something for the homeless animals for a long time so began to research it. There is actually a shelter called Strays In The Garden that is in my hometown so I think I'll call them and see if they need any. They are on the Snuggle list too.

Lynn

Archived