Snuggles Project CAL

catsncrochet

Hi ScoobyDoo0811...

Yay! I finished my 2nd snuggle this morning. :yay I've been crocheting for the past couple hours.

We have great :crocheting weather today. It's overcast and a little on the chilly side. As soon as I get a couple errands out of the way, I plan on starting my 3rd Snuggle.

I'm planning on taking pics...eventually. lol. Don't worry. I will before I take them to the shelter.

Aimee

WTG Aimee!!!!!!!!!!!! I had to go get blood work done this morning so I started my 4th Snuggle while I was waiting. We have great :crocheting weather here too. It is cold and raining. Perfect day for me. I got everything I need to do done so all I plan on doing now is :crocheting:hook.

Can't wait to see your pictures. I know your Snuggles are going to be beautiful!!!!!!

:hug:manyheart Have fun!!!!

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ty Ty!! One of them is RHSS cornmeal and RHSS monet, one of them is white and CSS watermelon, and the other one is RHSS orange, RHSS yellow and not sure what the variegated yarn is except that it is RHSS ????:lol. Congrats on making your first Snuggle. I have never felted anything either, hope it goes well for you. I am not sure if I like the way something feels after it has been felted, kinda gives me the willies and I'm not really sure why :lol. Just feels funny to me. :thinkI know it sounds strange, but I just can't help it!!!!!!!!:D

Crafty Chemist,

Thank you! I started my 3rd snuggle yesterday and am my 12th row into it. I could've done more, but last night I decided to set aside an hour to work on the white afghan I'm making for my brother and his fiance for their wedding. I'm not as far along on the white afghan as I thought I was...only about halfway...got a ways to go, but maybe if I do an hour here and there, I'll have it finished by July.

Aimee

I would love to join you! What a great idea. My dog is always snuggled up on one of the blankets I've crocheted. I can't think of a better way to help the sweet animals who need some comfort and love.

Thanks guys. Now I have to get myself working on it again. I seemed to have picked up my Amigurumi penguin these past few days instead of the blanket.

That always seems to be my problem - I have other projects going on. Then I feel guilty for not working on the snuggles. But as soon as I get the one project thats closest to being done, I will start on another snuggles. If I keep them smaller - like for the kittys - then I will be able to do more!

I have also sewn a couple of small ones together to make a bigger one. That way the puppies dont get left out and it gives me practice in sewing squares together!

I started a new job on Monday, so my crocheting time isn't what it was. Luckily, I get an hour for lunch, so I crochet after I've eaten. I crochet for an hour or two in the evening, and in the mornings, I get up the same time as my husband, which allows me to have about 1 1/2 to 2 hrs. in the morning to crochet.

I started a new job on Monday, so my crocheting time isn't what it was. Luckily, I get an hour for lunch, so I crochet after I've eaten. I crochet for an hour or two in the evening, and in the mornings, I get up the same time as my husband, which allows me to have about 1 1/2 to 2 hrs. in the morning to crochet.

I crochet during my lunch break too! I usually end up eating really fast so I can have more time to crochet! I also crochet during my commute most of the time. I carpool with two other people so when its not my day to drive, I get a good 45 minutes of crocheting in the morning and the evening. It also helps me in the car because with all the traffic and the way some people drive out there I get anxious riding in the car if I am not driving. So I just pay attention to my crochet and not worry about what could happen!

I crochet during my lunch break too! I usually end up eating really fast so I can have more time to crochet! I also crochet during my commute most of the time. I carpool with two other people so when its not my day to drive, I get a good 45 minutes of crocheting in the morning and the evening. It also helps me in the car because with all the traffic and the way some people drive out there I get anxious riding in the car if I am not driving. So I just pay attention to my crochet and not worry about what could happen!

Yeah, I try not to eat too fast. I get in around 45 min. of crocheting in during lunch...while listening to my MP3 player. I don't carpool and although I wish I could, crocheting while I'm behind the wheel isn't a good idea. lol. Besides, my commute isn't that bad...about 20-30 min. I'm hooked (pun intended) on crocheting these Snuggles. I just finished my 4th one today and started a 5th one. Instead of the Building Bridges pattern, I just do a straight DC pattern with 2 strands and a K hook. The DC pattern works up alot faster and will be warmer than the Building Bridges ones I made.

I found this article inthe local paper:

http://bangornews.com/news/t/lifestyle.aspx?articleid=161094&zoneid=14

Maybe I'll hold off on making snuggles for them for now - seems like they have oodles (and I sure wish I knew about this earlier!)

You can always send your snuggles to April Charity Blitz. It's for the Spot's Blanket. I am already making some for them.

Follow the link for info

http://www.crochetville.org/forum/showthread.php?t=67015

I found this article inthe local paper:

http://bangornews.com/news/t/lifestyle.aspx?articleid=161094&zoneid=14

Maybe I'll hold off on making snuggles for them for now - seems like they have oodles (and I sure wish I knew about this earlier!)

Ah, this makes me so happy. Animals are so dear to my heart that even just reading about makes me all emotional!

How's everyone doing on their Snuggles? I'm on my 5th one...haven't crocheted as much as normal the past couple days...trying to go easy on my hands and shoulders. Motrin seems to work, though.

I'm going to see about getting (or borrowing) a camera today, so I post the pics of the ones I've done.

Aimee

Oh man, you put me to shame, Aimee. I've been working on mine for most of the day today. I'm about 2/5 done with it. I have such a short attention span that I work on something for a little bit, then pick up something else. As you can see, I'm now I'm playing on line.

Hello...is anyone out here still? lol.

My DH took some pics on his digital camera of some of the snuggles I've made. Now all I need is a USB cable (DH will try to bring one home tomorrow) and then I'll be able to post some pics.

I haven't crocheted that much this week. One of my friends has been in the hospital since Wednesday. I've visited her after work every evening. By the time I get home, I'm so drained that I'm usually in bed by about 9. So, this past week the majority of my crocheting has been during lunch...and maybe a few minutes in the morning before I go into work.

Aimee

• 2 weeks later...

Hey, peeps!

Is anyone else here or is it just us chickens? lol.

Fortunately, my assignment ended earlier this week, so now I have plenty of time to crochet! Who needs a stupid job anyway? Oh, ok. I know I do and I'll find a new one (or the agency will), but in the meantime, I'm working on some bigger snuggles for the bigger cages.

Last weekend, I dropped off all the smaller snuggles I'd crocheted so far with a large container of Tide detergent to the local shelter. I didn't go inside. It breaks my heart everytime I do. So, I just dropped off my donation outside the entrance.

Anyway, how is everyone else doing?

I'm here! I have 3 done, I think. There is a Super Pet Expo this weekend in DC that I am going and will bring my snuggles and hopefully be able to make a couple more by then as well as the can cat food my cats are too picky to eat. That way I dont have to go into an animal shelter. I was going to have my boyfriend drop off the items because I just cant go in there. I will be a wreck for at least a week.

Elaine,

Thanks! I sure hope they offer some comfort to the animals. And I'm not one of those people that can just throw 2 colors together. If they don't look good together, I'll find a combination that does. Not that it matters what it looks like, but it makes crocheting easier if you like the colors you're working with.

It looks like I'll be getting lots of crocheting in this weekend. My husband works all day on Saturday and Sunday...so, maybe I'll treat myself to Starbucks and take my mp3 player along with my yarn and hang out.

Aimee

Just an FYI if anyone's looking for new patterns for Snuggles. Snuggles Project has a new pattern listed on their page called Dream Walk Crochet Snuggle. The website is...

http://www.snugglesproject.org/content/view/83/31/. I haven't attempted this one...yet. However, I'm thinking of making a bigger version possibly for an afghan for my DH in the future.

Archived