Debbi-a1

Pineapple Cape

I consider this more of a cape then a shawl, so that's why it's called that.

Pattern is from Celtic Vintage Crochet (quoted from the 3rd page, but I'll put it here for easy reference)

You'll be happy to learn that she's set up a new yahoo group:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/celtsvintagecrochet

I would bet you can find the old patterns there, including the one you used for the Pineapple Shawl.

:hug

(Celtwich was the owner or had this website). The site is closed down. Not sure where the pattern is from now. http://www.angelfire.com/folk/celtwich/PineFan.html

Yarn: Red Heart Worsted Weight Yarn, white. 2 1/2 skiens

Hook: size H

I left off the edging, decided I liked the way it edged itself. I just sewed closed the top of the pineapples (you can see that in my blog).

Front of cape:

pineshawl2.jpg

Back of cape:

pineshawl1.jpg

There are also pictues of this as I worked on it on my blog if you want to see how it came together.

I had read on here about WW curtians. As I was organizing my shawls last spring to put away forsummer, I thought, hmmm. And I made this into a curtain. You can see it here in my blog http://debbia1.blogspot.com/2008/04/cape-to-curtain.html

Debbi

Edited by Debbi-a1

I really like the way it hangs, the drape.

Pineapples are fun, aren't they!

How clever of you to use that pattern to make a shawl.

VERY NICE

I love that! :)

I'm currently working on a Pineapple Shawl from an old Workbasket magazine. It's giving me a little bit of trouble. If I don't get it worked out maybe I'll try this pattern instead.

Ohhh I like that! How long is it? What is the finished size? This is going onto my ever growing WIM list :D

Very nice shawl. Maybe I shall try it someday.

That turned out gorgeous!

That is VERY lovely!!!

That link seems to be gone. By chance does anyone have a copy of it?? I sure hope so. Please send it to me by email.

(Celtwich was the owner or had this website). The site is closed down. Not sure where the pattern is from now.

I really love this pattern. Beautiful elegant colour too.

I joined the group tonight.... found the pineapple chair sets.... Looks just like the pattern people are using for a shawl.... Matter of fact, I think I have an old book of grandma's that has the same pattern in.... Can't wait to make the shawl.... I love pineapples.... Thanks for posting the link for celticvintagecrochet..... GBU! :):)