Comfortghan For Teen Who Needs Love* No more needed! Thank you gals!!!

kirarose3

I want to make a comfortghan for my daughters friend, Karen. She's going through a rough time emotionally due to some horrific events she's experienced.

Karen needs a lot of love and to know there are people out there that care. i figured a comfortghan might help.

I want to use 12 12" squares to make it. any pattern you choose is fine as long as they are done in worsted weight 100% acrylic yarn. Red heart would be great. her favorit colors are hot pink, purple and black. so i figure hot pink and different shades of purple squares and i will join them with black with a black border.

please either weave in your ends or keep a long tail so it will be easier for me to put it all together. also please identify your squares so i can send you a big thank you for all your help. if you want you can also attach a note or warm wishes for karen.

if you have any questions feel free to pm me.

Thank you so much and warm wishes to you all...

I want to thank all of you who are making Karen squares and those of you who are sending them out today! I am so excited to get them and even more excited to put it all together.

I do still need squares so if there is anyone else out there that would like to help please let me know.

Thanks bunches to all of you!

Heather

I want to thank all of you who are sending squares. I think i will have enough now. I will let you know as your squares come in and send or post pics when ghan is finnished! I know, Karen, will love all the love your sending!

With biggest hugs,

Heather

Thank you cpsmith and peggy (did not know if i should use screen names) i got your squares today! They are wonderful!!! I thank you both so much! I think i will make a few more of those butterfly ones, peggy.

Thank you too Ellie i will keep an eye out for them! I am equaly as excited to get yours.

And big thanks to every one else who are making karen squares.

Wishes for a wonderful day,

Heather

Thank you Ellie, i got your two squares today. They are very cute! They will be great with the other squares. I think karen is really going to like it!

I will keep an eye out for your squares, sissie! I can't wate to see them.

Everyones squares are so great. I just hope i can do them justice when i put them together. I have never put different squares together before so I'm not quote sure how. I know one square have 32 stitches per side and one has 43. Any suggestions on putting them together would be great! If not I'll make it work!!!

Thanks ya'll

Everyones squares are so great. I just hope i can do them justice when i put them together. I have never put different squares together before so I'm not quote sure how. I know one square have 32 stitches per side and one has 43. Any suggestions on putting them together would be great! If not I'll make it work!!!

Thanks ya'll

what i do is when I have squares that the count does not match I will maybe skip one on the one that has to many stitches evenly so that they will match up in the end.

Does that make sense?

Hugs

• 2 weeks later...

I don't know that I would skip any stitches because that might leave some holes, but I would put two stitches (from the one with more stitches) into one stitch of the other (with less stitches). Kind of like a sc2tog with joining. Does that make any sense at all?????

Thanks for the tips. And if i were to slip stitch or sc it together i would just do decreases? I am still wating on three squares but not from anybody here on the ville. All yours have made it to me. Thank you all. I'm wating on my sister's and my best friends squares. I'm going to go ahead and go around them all with sc's while i wate....

Thanks again

If you need more, let me know hun. No problem. What a shame. Today's kids are just growing up too darn fast for me. I have an 11 yr old & a 6 yr old. It amazes me what my older one knows and hears! When I was that age, I felt stupid. Today, they know too much.

Lottsa prayers for you all!!

i was going to make this ghan 3 squares x 4 squares and i even had enough, well as soon as my friend finnishes hers i'd have had enough. Well my sister called and she had heard about this ghan and is in the prosses of making two squares. So that will give me more than i originaly needed. I've decided to make it a little bigget 4X5. I started a square for it so after i get my sisters i will need 5 more. If anyone would like to send one let me know and if not that's ok I'll get to work and make 6. Lol.

If you do want to make one or two please let me know how many so i can post when i have enough. This ghan will not be growing anymore after this.lol

I guess its just a little more love for Karen.

I wanted to let you all know i am still working on Karens ghan. I am in the prosses of making extra squares for it to go with the ones my sister is sending. I am still wating for hers as well as my friends. My friend, Katie, has exema very bad on her hands and somedays it is just so bad she can't even try to crochet. She has tried everything she can find but nothing seams to help.

Well i just wanted you all to know i have not forgot about all of you and that your squares are not just laying around. Every time i finnish another square i get them all out to looka at them again. I wil let you all know how it is coming along...

I can squeeze in one (maybe 2) more, but unfotunately no more of that soft fluffy yarn, and Hobby Lobby didn't have any more! I'll have to use something else.

Let me know if you still need squares.

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you so much Mary Anne, i will let you know as soon as get your squares in the mail.

Karen found out that i am making it for her and she told me to tell you all thank you very much. She was supprised that so many of you wanted to help. I told here where all they came from. I will post a pic when its done. I still have a few more squares to finnish and i don't know if me sister is ever going to finnish hers. If not i will make two more.lol

Thanks again to all of you

Archived