Amy

CGOA Chain Link Convention July 2008: Who Is Attending?

Are you going to the CGOA's annual Chain Link Conference in New Hampshire this July? If so, let us know here.

Some people may want to get extra money for classes by sharing a hotel room (show rate of $119 per night plus tax) with someone, so let us know if you're looking for a roommate. If you are, you might also want to share any special qualities you need in a roommate: somebody who likes to stay up late, somebody who wants to go to bed early so you can get up bright and early the next day, whatever special requirements you might have.

So who's going?

New Hampshire!! Maybe I can go for the day! Have to think on it. What day are you speaking?

I'm speaking on Wednesday, which has classes designed specifically for crochet professionals. Classes for non-professionals will be offered Thursday-Sunday. I have tentative plans to head for home on Saturday, but I haven't finalized those yet. I've still got some little details to work out. I'd love to be able to stretch it out until the end, so I can go to the CGOA member dinner on Saturday night, but it's going to be expensive to stay for so long!

I really really REALLY want to go. Especially for the professional classes. I just have to figure out if I can afford to go, and what I would do about childcare for the 2 kids. I can't ask my husband to use up what little vacation time he has to watch the kids so I can go to crochet classes...I'll have to find something in the area that might be worth his while.

anyone know what airlines fly into nh?

nadine

I fly Continental. I've heard there are direct flights on Southwest from Phoenix. If you stay at the hotel where the convention is there is a free shuttle from to and from the airport! :clap

:bounce

drew,

thank you. i found a possible flight on continental. i appreciate you posting the link. now to find what classes, and see when they update when the fashion show wil be.

nadine

ETA-just realized that the dates stated are fine. it is the header on the page that they did not update to 2008.

Oh I definately want to go! Its not a far drive either for me. I will have to make plans early, but I will go one way or another, LOL!

Kim

I'm tentatively going. However, a lot depends on whether or not we have some unexpected finances coming up.

I am definitely going this year...especially looking forward to Professional Development Day! If anyone is interested in sharing a room, I would love to be able to defray the cost of the room as I do plan on staying at the Radisson. I am EXTREMELY allergic to cigarette smoke, so no smokers, please. I plan on staying for the entire shootin' match, but if anyone just wants to come for a couple of days and split those days room costs, that would be okay, too. I am not a wild party animal or anything (I am actually so laid back that some might describe me as "boring" or "drab"!) :ha and plan on only being in the room to sleep as I plan to be at the conference most waking moments! I am coming in from Arkansas and will likely be in late on Tuesday night. Let me know if any other ladies are interested.

I am getting a nice income tax refund and my mom said she will help me with the airfare. It's looking good for me! :D

I should be able to make it just to professional development day. I wish I could go to more, but this will have to suffice for this year.

:cry Boo Hoo!

I really would love to go but can't. Hubby just started a job a few weeks ago (after being off of work since before Thanksgiving) so he has no vacation time so that he could watch our almost 7 year old son. Plus the money is tight right now (although it's getting much better).

Hope that all of you who are going have a great time and a safe trip to and from! Tell us all about it!

Have a great night!:hook

I just signed up for classes a little while ago. Also reserved a room at the Radisson.

Last year the Radisson sold out so if you even think you are going, make a reservation. They don't charge your CC until you check in, and the room can be cancelled.

Joan

:woo:woo:woo:woo:jumpyay:jumpyay:jumpyay:jumpyay:jumpyay:jumpyay:jumpyayI am so excited!!!!!!!! I can hardly wait...2 more days at work, then the weekend, then New Hampshire, look out, cause here I come!!!!!!

:woo:woo:woo:woo:jumpyay:jumpyay:jumpyay:jumpyay:jumpyay:jumpyay:jumpyayI am so excited!!!!!!!! I can hardly wait...2 more days at work, then the weekend, then New Hampshire, look out, cause here I come!!!!!!

Since you have so much energy could you come over and help me pack?! :rofl

I need another week to get ready!! :eek

Will this ever come to Oklahoma or North East Texas or Arkansas or Kansas????

Since you have so much energy could you come over and help me pack?! :rofl

I need another week to get ready!! :eek

In spite of all that energy, I have not even started packing! But I will this weekend...can't wait to meet everyone who's coming...it would be neat if there were some kind of pin or sticker to ID everyone who is a 'viller.

Will this ever come to Oklahoma or North East Texas or Arkansas or Kansas????

I would love it if it did, as I am in Arkansas myself. However, there was something put out earlier this year about why they choose the locations that they do. I am not sure if you could find that in the archive on the CGOA website or not.