Mrs Weasley's Sweater in Harry Potter...

sadie

Question

Hi,

Has anyone seen the second Harry Potter movie, The Chamber of Secrets? In the scene where Harry first gets to the Weasleys and Mrs Weasley is serving breakfast, she is wearing this really great multi-coloured cardigan with huge 'bell' sleeves.

Does anyone know where I can find a pattern for such a sweater?

Sadie

• Answers 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I really love this sweater and have been making notes whenever I see another picture of the sweater. Here's a link to a woman who has made her version of the sweater. For those that are familiar with the sweater, I would love your feedback on it. I think the basic idea is there but I'm not so sure about the gold part or the length. My sweater will be very different than this one but after seeing this one, I wonder if mine is on the right track. My notes/sketches are more of a cardigan type sweater and hip length. Anyhows, have a look at what this woman came up with (sorry, no pattern) and any feedback would be appreciated. Mrs. Weasley's Sweater

Thanks Rebecca for the link to those great photos. I had such a hard time even finding photos let alone a pattern. That is really too bad that the designer won't release a pattern. But we're intelligent people. I'm sure we can figure it out! I haven't been crocheting for very long but I'm sure I recognize a lot of the stitches from some of my books. I might just fool around with some of the scrap yarn I have and see what happens. (Sorry for the nightmares Tiggzie:devil ).

Sadie

I had a friggin' dream about this sweater last night...you people are horrible! You and your...your...inspiration. Bah!!! :lol

Yeah, I'm going to watch the movie with the family again today. I saw it last night but I didn't have my glasses on and I fell asleep right in the middle of it.

. There is no pattern as Lindy Hemming won't allow a pattern to be released.

That is too bad...She could make a MINT just from the people on this board if she were to sell the pattern!:hook Maybe after all the HP movies have been released....

Archived