Mrs Weasley's Sweater in Harry Potter...

sadie

Question

Hi,

Has anyone seen the second Harry Potter movie, The Chamber of Secrets? In the scene where Harry first gets to the Weasleys and Mrs Weasley is serving breakfast, she is wearing this really great multi-coloured cardigan with huge 'bell' sleeves.

Does anyone know where I can find a pattern for such a sweater?

Sadie

• Answers 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey guys! Look, two different people finally posted pictures of their sleeves!

http://www.fruitcats.com/Jo's/crafts/my_crafts.htm#sleeve

and

http://phluphee.blogspot.com/2006/02/mrs-weasleys-sleeve-finished.html

They look great! Has anyone here done theirs yet?

Patterns, *cough*, patterns, (Hint, hint.) :lol

My version is on my site if you care to look. Also on my blog - www.blogspot.com Queenie's Cabin

I think I found something that could work for Mrs Weasley's sweater. I was flipping through my current Annies Attic catalog, April 2006 and found a pattern that could work. The body isn't quite the same, but the sleeves are the bells that everyone seems to love. It's the Boboletta Cocoon Sweater Pattern, item #833672. Hope this helps.

Rosemary P

Hi Jo :D No misleading anyone that I see. You mentioned the cost a few times. :hook Glad you were able to proof things and it worked! :D But of course I will be DELIGHTED to send the funds. :D I can't wait to get started. :D Congratulations on figuring them out. :yay

It appears that I seem to mislead people into thinking this sleeve pattern is totally free. I'm having to charge $7.50 for it, simply because I can't afford not to :( Once Megan has finished verifying the instructions, it will be sent by email as a PDF file, after payment either by Paypal or Bankers Draft paid in Sterling UK£. I'm so sorry if anyone feels it should be free, or if they feel I've misled them into thinking it would be.

e-mail joATfruitcatsDOTcoDOTuk if you want - I'm always happy to answer questions, or put you on the "Weasley sleeve" mail-list for people interested in the progress so far.

I'm forbidden from viewing the pic as well. I've tried to find a pic on the web without any luck.

I had no idea that the body of the sweater was knit! I think in the movie I only noticed the sleeves. I just love the colours and style of the sleeves.

:devil

Sjkmaurice, it was Ron's mother. Which is actually incorrect by the books. Neither Ron's nor Harry's has their initial on it. In the book, Mrs. Weasley put letters only on Ron's school-attending elder brother's sweaters. Fred and George to distinguish, because they're identical twins, and Percy's because, according to Fred, it also stands for prefect, which Percy was.

Sorry, that was probably more than you ever wanted to know. ::points to profile:: Card-carrying Harry Potter nut.

Anywho, yeah. She knits sweaters for Christmas every year, and so Weasley sweaters are a famous yearly staple of the Potterverse to fanatics. You can bet that even if the sleaves of her sweater were crocheted in the movie, no one was supposed to notice... a Weasley sweater is always knitted.

I agree, we ought to be able to figure it out. Increases through out the row/rows should work. & yes there are different stitches in diff. rows. After all, she was a very busy woman & a little haphazzard (sp.?:lol )

You know, that can't be too hard...It's just rows with an increase...hdc maybe? Shells on the edge....Actually, I think there are shells on certain rows too. I am SO watching this movie tonight and pausing during her scenes. I'm going to try to see if I can replicate at least the sleeves. They're so funky!!

I dunno if you'll find a crochet pattern for it with any kind of ease. As sem464 pointed out, Mrs. Weasley is a knitter. I dunno, maybe you're right Diamond, but I always simply assumed that all the famous Weasley sweaters were knitted, just like in the books.

When you get the 'access denied' screen, click refresh and the picture should pop up. I don't know why it's doing that. It's not a members only site.

Thank you so much!! I've been looking for a picture all day (actually I was still forbidden to access the link you had so what I did was I copied and pasted the address into my address bar and I was able to see it). It's true you can't see the body of the sweater but I just LOVE those sleeves!!

:c9

Archived