"Gypsy Wrap"

natalie058

I finished the crocheting on this shawl a couple nights ago. I have yet to fringe, but I hate fringe and really have no use for the shawl so I'm not sure how long it will take me to get around to it. :2blush So, I figured I would share it in all it's unfringed glory.

The pattern is from the Vogue Crocheted Scarves book, "Gypsy Wrap." The yarn I used is from Fiber Options and is a rayon/silk blend.

th_100_0267.jpg

th_100_0265.jpg

Click for big pics.

I like that stitch. What's it called? Solomon's Knot? And the book you mentioned...is that Vogue Knitting Crocheted Scarves On The Go??? 'Cuz if it is, I have that book and love it. I'm making a mohair scarf (p.18) in it and started the Wind Chimes Scarf on p.75. It's a cool little book. You all should check it out.

OOPS...shoulda clicked the link before I posted. That's the same little book I have and that's the Wind Chime Scarf on the cover. And, yes, the stitch is Solomon's Knot. Love that scarf in the book...you definately should add the fringe!!!

Beth... I love this yarn.. but I had to keep pulling all the little fuzzies off as I was crocheting.. otherwise the spaces b/t the stitches looked a bit sloppy. I think if I did it again I would try a nice chenille.

And Bec - that is the lover's knot, aka Solomon's Knot. This link has got instructions as well as a few starter patterns. It's really pretty easy - took me a sec to get the loops uniform but then it moves along really quickly. Doesn't use much yarn at all, either.

Thanks Jewels and Vicki, for the compliments, and you're right Diamond, Crocheted Scarves is a great book. This is the first thing I've actually made from it, but I like to look thru it every now and again. :blush

That's so elegant! I've done a couple of rectangular shawls using the love knot stitch. I've combined both with different stitches since the 2 persons I gave them to didn't want a too 'open' look. I used size 10 thread with beads. :)

Ga-hasp! I love it! I'm not in the market *coughihavenomoneycough* for any pattern books, but I may try to duplicate it without a pattern. Did I mention I love it? Thanks for sharing!

Archived