Hair pin lace scarf

Amyjk

I learned hair pin lace last night and I finished this this morning. It's really just a simple scarf with a simple join, so I am eager to learn more of the 'fancy' joins and sts.

2289913278_78303b8c5b.jpg?v=0

What do you guys think?

Thanks everyone! I just learned from tuts on the web (Bella Online) I have also be scouring the internet for projects and books. Unfortunately they are few and far between, but I do have a couple things I found on their way to me. Hairpin really does work up fast. I would say total this scarf took me 2 hours and that includes me taking small breaks because I am sick. I recommend to anyone interested in HPL to try it! It's alot of fun.

I forgot to mention that I used Bernat Softee Baby in Lemon (it was on sale at JoAnns)

It's beautiful! :cheer

I need to learn...maybe once I get my WUA squares done I can tackle HPL.

To everybody interested in hairpin lace: there's a yahoo group for it....

it's "hairpinlace" without any spaces. I've been a member for some time now, but I still haven't made anything. I tried a bookmark once, but I think I started with something too small. I was using size 30 thread and it drove me crazy. :reyes

Your scarf turned out great! I have the loom for hairpin lace but haven't used it in about 20 years! I don't know if I remember how!

Archived