Babette blanket

econ-nerd

My Babette blanket is all done now :clap I finished the border on it this morning. It is made with Caron Simply Soft and using a 5 mm hook. I started the day after Christmas. I am not 100% happy with the final product though. It is a bit ripply and wonky but I still love the colors and the overall effect :manyheart My two round squares didn't fit in quite right. They seemed to be a bit big compared to the rest. I didn't block anything while I was making it so maybe that was the trouble... Oh well, it's done and I may just have to try a nap under it this afternoon (just to test it out :yes )

th_DSC07836.jpg

:) It's beautiful! You did a great job. I've been wanting to crochet one but I think it will have to be one of those "on-going" projects for me - just a little at a time.

Debi Y. :hook

:cheer:clap:cheer:clap

What a lovely Babette! Mine was also wavy around the edge, I just went with it and made it look like it was supposed to look like that by adding more stitches.

I think the way the pattern is laid out where you can't really line up the blocks and have to guess makes it look "wonky" but, oh, well! Every one loves mine and wants one JUST like it.

Good job, love your colors!

:hug,

Lorry

That's an awesome blanket! I love the different sized squared and the colors you choose look great. Don't worry about it being wonky. When someone is all cuddled up under it they're not going to notice anything except for how warm and cozy it is!

Spectacular Babette....you are lucky to have the patience to finish it so quickly.

I think that you might not be happy with it because the Caron's Simply Soft may be too soft for a blanket....I made a scarf out of it and it is way too soft to hold its shape.

But the colors and the squares are magnificent and you will enjoy it for years to come:clap

Archived