My First Sock

TheLadyWind

I am pretty proud of myself. I made my first sock today. I used the Wool-Ease Thick and Quick and I double stranded it. I used a K hook (6.50mm) and the pattern for the cottage slippers from the lionbrand website. The directions were a bit confusing but I got it done with a bit of improv. It is made to be knee hig and I fitted it to my foot (I have a 5.5 size foot)

2284514317_d37bc1f928_m.jpg

This is literally my first sock and the only sock I have done so far LOL...I will work on the other one tomorrow. I will post a picture of it when its done.

So are they to be used as house socks or for shoes? As I remember when I looked at that pattern there were corrections for it somewhere else on the site.

So are they to be used as house socks or for shoes? As I remember when I looked at that pattern there were corrections for it somewhere else on the site.

Well, originally they were going to be just house socks. It is very warm...but too thick to wear in shoes. I have padding that I am going to be incorporating in the bottoms of them. We will see how it goes.

Archived