Comfortghan for Tracy: Finally post 38 photos!!!

Elvee

I am so sorry I haven't gotten back to any of you before this. Things here have been crazy. I had a family member pass away, she was my Mom's cousin and the last person on that side of the family in my mom's generation still living.

She was a wonderful person, always happy and active. She was a great knitter, though!

Meanwhile, I have been going off to job interviews, etc., and have been offered a job at Walmart. I was shocked (pleasantly) at the $$$ amount they offered me to start. Orientation is supposed to be next Monday. That will cut down on my crochet time.

Tracy's afghan is looking good, very spring like and cheery. I have been making mostly flower centered squares--with some yellow accent--and it is going to be very pretty.

Thanks to every one for your help. I will post photos when I can. My grand daughter borrowed my camera to take photos of her new puppy. He is a weimaraner named Jude.

:hug to all!

Lorry

Sorry I've been so busy, I haven't had a chance to mail my square, but I was going to mail it tomorrow. :blush Do you still want it?

I am sorry I haven't gotten back to each of you! We have had a lot going on here and it has been crazy. My daughter's best friend's brother was murdered which I wouldn't want any family to go through what that family is going through.

Then last week I started working at Walmart in the Deli--my brain hurts!!! Every thing in there has a different # and I have to cook, make salads, take temps and wash my hands and arms every whip stitch. I would come home and crawl in to bed just exhausted!

I haven't done much for a year but crochet and wow! Work is taking it's toll on me! I am sure it will get better, the job is already easier, but learning and getting used to standing 8 hours again is a real challenge.

Oh, my niece had a house fire, too, and I have been having to help her out and run around for her. It is a wonder I am still sane!!!! I am looking forward to a much calmer week this week. (Crossing my fingers)

I have sewn the squares together and the afghan is looking good so far. I have to figure out an edging and I still have. I want to thank each of you for helping with this project and I will be posting a photo when it is finished.

You all rock!

:yay:yay:yay.

Lorry

• 6 months later...

I did get this together for Tracy and she has had it. She sent me a card thanking all the "Wonderful ladies" who took time to do this for her. She couldn't believe people could care about some one they had never met in such a wonderful way. Her girls fight over the afghan and they all share it.

Tracy has had a rough time since her husband died. Her mom told me she sat down and cried when she opened her package. She said, "Everything makes Tracy cry".

I haven't had the abilitiy to post photos for a while, but I am back on track now!

tracy's afghan 310

As you can see, the afghan turned out beautifully! thanks so much to every one for all your help!

:hug,

Lorry

Archived