Dinosaur applique

i'mhooked

So, I was looking for a pattern for an applique dinosaur and came up blank so I decided to try making it on my own:eek. I have never done this designing thing so I just wrote what I did as I went along. It hasnt been tested and I am sure others could have come up with something better. It turned out a little bigger than what I need so I am going to do another and make a change or two (will post those too if anyone is interested). I am not sure if the directions are written in proper format so if anyone tries it, please let me know if I could have made it more clear or said something differently. I know this pales in comparison to some of the other designs on the forum but I am excited that I did it without a pattern:yay. Let me know what you think!

P2220007.jpg

Dinosaur (brontosaurus)

Ch 46.

Row 1: 4dc in 3rd chain from hook, hdc in next ch, 12 sc , hdc, 15 dc, 4 hdc, 4sc, slip stitch in last four chains.

Row 2: Turn. Slip stitch in first 8 stitches (the 4 ss, and the 4sc), sc in the next 3 stitches, 2 hdc, 12 dc, 1 hdc, 1 sc, ss in next stitch, ch 1.

Row 3: Turn. Skip first stitch, sc in the next stitch, hdc, 10 dc, hdc, sc, ss in next stitch, ch 1.

Row 4: Turn. Skip first stitch, sc in the next stitch, hdc, 8 dc, hdc, sc, ss in next 3 stitches. Continue slip stitching around dinosaurs head and along bottom chain until you are at the bottom of the dinosaur just a stitch or so beyond the neck. *Chain 6, dc in 3rd chain from the hook and next 3 chains. Skip next 2 stitches on the body and slip stitch in to the next two stitches on the body connecting the leg*. Repeat from *. Slip stitch in next 3 stitches. *Chain 6, dc in 3rd chain from the hook and next 3 chains. Skip next 2 stitches on the body and slip stitch in to the next two stitches on the body connecting the leg*. Repeat from *. Fasten off.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

looks like a brachiosaurus to me and a cute one at that :) Either that or the loch ness monster, either way my 4 yr old gives the pic two thumbs up and wants me to make him one and put it on something :o

Gorgeous Dinosaur.

My God Daughter would have loved one like it when she was smaller. She could name all the Dinosaurs when she was only 4 and had heaps and heaps of plastic toy ones.

• 1 month later...

Thanks. I used caron ss and probably an h hook. He came out a little long, may not work on a onesie unless you used smaller yarn/hook. I also made a stouter version of him which would probably work better for a onesie. I didnt write it out as I made it but could go home and try to count it out if you are interested.

Archived