Any craft stores by Arizona convention center??

oliveoil

Hello everyone!! I'll be dropping my dh at the Arizona Convention Center on Sunday(Feb.24). I will have from(roughly)8 a.m. to 2-ish to myself(:clap :clap)!! Are there any Joann's or Michaels craft stores in that area???

Where is it located. There are several convention centers so if I knew which one I might be able to help.

Ooops, sorry about that. I was talking about the one located downtown at 111 North Third St.

I was there last spring. I don't remember seeing any... at least not close. It's a very "downtown" business area, so not many "big box stores" like Michaels or whatever. There may be a LYS, but I didn't find it... lots of reseteraunts, a few hotels and some office blocks...

I was there last spring. I don't remember seeing any... at least not close. It's a very "downtown" business area, so not many "big box stores" like Michaels or whatever. There may be a LYS, but I didn't find it... lots of reseteraunts, a few hotels and some office blocks...

Yea, it is a very "downtown" business area. I was just hoping not to go too far away from that area as I haven't driven in Phoenix for YEARS!! It has changed a LOT!! There are two Joann's that I go to, one is by MetroCenter and the other is at the North Valley Power Center, right off of Bell Rd. And the Michaels that I go to is when you leave Bell Rd. and you're headed out of town which would be "SunCity"(I think). I would really hate to drive all that way, I would spend more time in traffic than getting to enjoy my time in a craft store BY MYSELF!!lol We do have a Phoenix phone book, but it's an "OLDIE". We're leaving early tomorrow(Sat.), gonna have my dh do a "practice run" from our hotel to the convention center. My dh has a daughter that lives there, but she also has 4 kids, and I don't think they would enjoy going to craft stores. Anyway, thanx !! Oh, I try to stay out of LYS--a bit tooooo expensive for me..lol

Archived