Mother's Day Gifts (comfort packs)

lauravee

I finally got the pictures loaded onto the computer so I decided to post. I made the Comfort Pack from the latest issue of crochetme designed by our very own yarntomato. I made three of them, one for my mother, my sister and mother-in-law. They were really fun to make and allowed me to brush up on my sewing skills. I wiped out the local Whole Food's supply of flax seed too. Here are two pics, the first is all three and the second is a closeup of one. Enjoy!

Picture008.jpg

Picture010.jpg

They look so nice displayed together!! I must have one of these for my neck - so pretty and comfort too. nice crocheting.:cheer

WOW Laura, you've been busy. More great items. Did you know that if you take those flax seeds and grind them in a coffee-bean grinder you can add them to just about everything you eat??

They are one of the truest healthy foods you can do for yourself. They clean out your system, keep your system stable, help fight off viruses, bacteria & diseases, increase your immune system and so much more!

Add them to cereal, sprinkle over salads, add in a smoothie (if anyone is interested I have an incredible smoothie recipe that is the best....just PM if interested). You can add flax to your tea, coffee, anything to drink, sprinkle it on ice cream, over all meats before cooking, in stews, soups......well, you get the idea. Ground flax has a very, very light nutty taste/flavor. It truly is a miracle seed. And to get the best flax (which most stores don't carry) you should get Golden Flax seeds, not ground but whole seeds. They look like sesame seeds. I'm a flax fanatic!!! Can ya tell?

They are really nice. When I saw them I thought "Wow, how did she get buttons to match her yarn???" Then I looked closer and saw you crocheted them. :blush They are great!

Archived