Gone with the Wind Sweater

Isabella2000

Question

10 answers to this question

I printed it out along with Mrs. Weasley's sweater hoping one day I can find some spare time to figure both patterns out.

This is a really old thread, and I doubt a pattern exists.  For the movie, I imagine a costumer 'winged' a custom item to fit the actress.

If you have some crochet garment making experience, you could adapt a pattern for a basic fitted cardigan in sc with fitted sleeves.  Modifications:

1) waistline shaping (custom to fit you)

2) sleeve edge slant - short rows.  Work even to the inside short length, then back and forth over the outer edge of the sleeve in increasingly shorter rows

3) bottom edge - short rows similar to sleeve edge, too bad we can't see the back but I imagine it's in 1 curve across the back

4) lace edge - really hard to see, but there are a lot of wide lace edge patterns out there.  

There are a lot of vintage patterns, some even US Civil War vintage, at this site; you might find something similar, or at least an idea for the edging lace.  This link is by publication author, you could do a search on coat, jacket, lace, etc.  Some of the really old publications don't have illustrations, and anything before ~1900ish will have different stitch terms than we are accustomed to.  You might have to look at some of the 'how to' books here to decipher them.  (last name Beeton, Riego come to mindoff the top of my head)

http://www.antiquepatternlibrary.org/html/warm/crochet.htm

Archived