Crochet Cotton Dish Sponge

This is one of the patterns i have recently printed out so i can make some of them for my kitchen swap partner ... I hope i get a chance to finish it all in time .

Thanks for sharing the link

hugs

Lillibet

Very interesting. I'm sitting here wondering if there's a way to add something a bit scratchy to the surface. Some nylon netting? Or maybe start with a rectangle of nylon netting and build the other side with crochet? They'd wash like a dream and I could have a ton of them without spending a fortune.

I was thinking of that type of thing myself last night , MaryPat.

I am sure you could use different types of yarn, different stitchs, change the size, all very easily.

You could do one side with nylon yarn/nettings, acrylic (depending what you like for scrubbie side, and then the other with a regular cotton. Or carry the netting with the cotton one side , carry it under on the other side etc.

Lots of ideas!

blessings,

Kath

Very interesting. I'm sitting here wondering if there's a way to add something a bit scratchy to the surface. Some nylon netting? Or maybe start with a rectangle of nylon netting and build the other side with crochet? They'd wash like a dream and I could have a ton of them without spending a fortune.

Well, at the risk of my kitchen swap partner seeing this... (and everyone posting this and the circular scrubbie patterns have totally ruined my surprise for her :P LOL). I did make the dish sponge in nylon yarn, and modified the pattern to make just sc, not hdc, since it's so dang hard to work with. I have a scraped knuckle where the yarn was wrapped over my left hand. Maybe she'll let us know if the nylon works better than the cotton (she's getting both SHHHH!). Patty

• 10 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Archived