My crocheted scarf

dkswife

This is really my very first crocheted item besides a dishcloth I made a couple of weeks ago. This is also my first time to post a finished object here. I am pretty happy with the results. I got the pattern from crochet pattern central. I believe the pattern is called Stardust Scarf? I just want to give credit because I didn't "create" the pattern. The main body of the scarf is knitted from Universal Bulky Wool in red. The shell trim is knitted with Patons Classic wool in red. I used a size J hook. I'm pretty pleased with it, and will cast on next week to crochet a tank/vest. I much prefer to knit clothing. I cannot believe I actually was able to do this, so I am proud of myself. It is not perfect, but that's okay. :cheerI love the cheerleader smiley.

It has literally taken me years to understand/figure out how to crochet. Knitting came so easy to me.

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2215/2270734169_619a2fd1c7.jpg

Beautiful red scarf. I can bet you'll be making a lot of scarves for Christmas next year. Friends and family love receiving ones that are made to go with 'their' colors.

I also learned to knit first and love doing it but I really love crocheting cause it seems I can see progress faster and I'm trying to branch out my skills in it. I just purchased a bunch of sock yarn and am going to try my hand at making some prettier ones than I've made in the past. I've never gotten the hang of very small double pointed needles.

~ Debby

Beautiful red scarf. I can bet you'll be making a lot of scarves for Christmas next year. Friends and family love receiving ones that are made to go with 'their' colors.

I also learned to knit first and love doing it but I really love crocheting cause it seems I can see progress faster and I'm trying to branch out my skills in it. I just purchased a bunch of sock yarn and am going to try my hand at making some prettier ones than I've made in the past. I've never gotten the hang of very small double pointed needles.

~ Debby

Sensational Knitted Socks is a very good book to use.

I knit socks w/ dpns. I am just not fast at doing it. You can always try using magic loop or on two circs. I taught myself magic loop by pure accident...hee hee :blush

so chic. I would do it in stripeys though. but that's got to be my age factor talking here.

gorgeous. you have the approval of a teenager on that chic scarf. Way to go :)

Hee hee. I am not confident enough in my skills to do more than one color right now...eventually, I will get there though! I just want to be able to crochet a granny square. :P I got more practicing to do on that.

Archived