Joann's / Michael's coupons....?????

MsSuzKelly

Tried to pick the best spot to post this.

Michael's has a "50% off any regular priced item" in they flyer from the weekend paper. I've heard (from here) that Joann's takes Michael's coupons and vice versa. Just wondering if I should try this 50% one? AND I am very silly, I know, but I am embarrassed to ask at the store. It just seem weird that they take each other's coupons. Of course, I think I have read that it's not necessarily done at ALL stores, just ones that choose to do it???

Ugh. I wish I wasn't so silly!!!

Don't feel silly at all. I always ask even at AC Moore or Joannes or Michaels if they still accept competitors coupons and no one has ever made me feel silly. Many of the stores post a sign saying they accept coupons but not internet printed coupons. Doesn't hurt to ask if it means saving money (which is what I love to do).

LI Roe

I use them all the time that way. I asked @ Joann's if we could do this and the Lady said it was Okay to use at either place. Cuz' they basically have the same thing. The only difference is Joann's sells Fabric and Michael's doesn't.

So if Joann's doesn't have the yarn or color I want, I go to Michaels & vice versa.

jaye

this is really helpful to know about! I would just call and ask, that way you might not feel as uncomfortable. It is what this fellow chicken would do!:henMainly because the ladies that work at my Joann's are usually pretty abrupt and unhelpful...I am in there at least once a week and it seems that extreme crankiness is required to get a job in this particular store.

That is a great quesetion! I wanted one of those full spectrum lights and Joanns has them! That coupon would really really help!

thanks, Debbie

Debbie ott lights are on sale 50% off and if you use the 10% coupon in todays paper its good even on sale items. Only good til monday.so hurry.

If sold out see if your store will give out rain checks.

Joann's and Michael's take each other's coupons BUT what I've heard is that Joann's will take as many coupons as you have at one time and Michaels will on take one. I use the coupons for 40 or 50% on yarn and books and needles etc... saving money to buy more yarn is always a win win!!

Joann's and Michael's take each other's coupons BUT what I've heard is that Joann's will take as many coupons as you have at one time

AHhhhhhh I was wondering abouth THAT, too! I do have a 40% and a 10% off total order - and if that's the case I can go in there with JOANN coupons and get 50% off. I think I will be a chicken and call and ask. LOL. I want to get a quilting board for blocking my doilies.

I think it depends on the store...

I've visited different stores with different results.

Our JoAnn's lets you use a coupon from their store and a coupon from a competitor in the same sale, but if it says "on regularly priced merchandise" they won't use it if the item is on sale. I don't mean they won't take it off the sale price - I mean they won't take it off the regular price. So if an item is on sale 10% off, and you have a "50% off the regular price" coupon, they won't take 50% off the regular price, because it's on sale 10% off.

The one near my mother will take the 50% off instead of the 10%.

I think you'll just have to either call your store for their rules, or ask when you get there.

Sometimes, I think it depends on how close the stores are to one another. By me, the JoAnns is just about a mile down the same road, so they both do honor each other's coupons.

Each store is different.

:manyheart

I live 3 minutes from all three store....AC Moore one way, and JoAnns and Michaels in the same plaza the other way. I usually go to Joanns once a week or every other week and I bring as many coupons as I can. They will take coupons from all three stores and internet ones too. As long as they are all different they will accept them. So I can sometimes use 4 or 5 coupons at a time. The other stores only allow one from a competitor I believe.

The Jo-Ann company policy is that they will accept competitor's coupons on anything that BOTH stores sell.

Yes to yarn. No to fabric. :)

Any Jo-Ann store that does NOT do this is defying company policy... not cool.

Jo-Ann will accept any number of coupons you have, AS LONG AS THE BAR CODES ARE DIFFERENT.

Two newspaper coupons? No.

Two identical Michael's coupons? No.

One newspaper ad, one Michael's, one AC Moore, one from your mailer... YES! All of them. :)

The only exception is that they will not take two mailer coupons... so, if you had yours, and your sister's, even though the bar codes are different, they are essentially considered the same coupon. They are just "personalized" for two different people (complete with names!), but they ARE the same coupon. ;)

I hope that clears things up. :D

For those that think it's odd that we accept each other's coupons, it's really not. We want you to spend money in OUR store, not theirs. So, we'll take their coupons so you buy more stuff from us! LOL! We're saving you gas, too! LOL!

Well, thank you so much, Sue!!! That certainly clears things up for me.

I was happy to find out that I could use both my 40% off coupon AND the 10% of total order as long as I had more than one item. That worked out nicely.

Now= they WILL accept a 50% off coupon from michael's? Even if Joann doesn't have one for this week????

Now= they WILL accept a 50% off coupon from michael's? Even if Joann doesn't have one for this week????

As far as I know, we've been accepting them. I am not on register very often, I will admit. But I do work for one of the most anal-retentive stores in the entire company when it comes to policy! LOL!

Michaels will take a % off coupon from any of the competitors as long they are not printed off the computer. They will also meet the competitors price if it is for an exact item and the add is there for them to see.

Don't be afraid to ask - really. It seems there are some stores that don't take competitor's coupons - but most do. At my Michael's, they'll take one of their coupons, as well as one competitor's, each day. But.. there are seven days in a week - and plenty of reasons to go to Michaels! :)

Michaels will take a % off coupon from any of the competitors as long they are not printed off the computer. They will also meet the competitors price if it is for an exact item and the add is there for them to see.

Our Michael's won't do any of that. I've asked several times if they will take a competitor's price or sales ad. They've always said no.

Archived