Adding a hanging loop for potholder

SassyCMA06

Question

I know you girls can help me!

I am making a few of these potholders for a swap.

http://www.mielkesfarm.com/diagonal_hotpad.htm

While making them, I fell in love and just have to make a batch for myself. There is only one problem, no hanging loop! In my kitchen, drawer space is at a premium (risks of apartment living), so hanging is the only way.

How do I create a hanging loop and how do I attach it? :think

Thanks a bunch! :hug

7 answers to this question

Take a look at these potholders that I made with this pattern. I have attached a white plastic ring that you buy in the notions section or by the crochet hooks etc. They come in a pack of 10 or so. I leave a long string of cotton after I sew up the seam and I secure the ring to the potholder with a needle on the string. Then you do like a button hole stitch all around the white plastic and secure it again and cut it off. I hope this makes sense!!

closeuppotholder.jpg

potholders.jpg

I have made a bunch of thoes for xmas gifts one year they were fantastic! And people still talking how much they love they I have some too and they so sturdy and wash wonderfull. I made my hanger by chaining about 15 then turned and slip stitched 15 in the chain to make it thicker and with the loose threads sewed together for loop and then sewed inside the corner before you complete the potholder. :clap

When you finish your rounds, but before you sew up the seam - at that point just start chaining - do about 15 chains. Then slip stitch into same stitch where you started the chain to form a loop. Then slip stitch back along the chains to beginning stitch. Cut your yarn, leaving a very long tail to sew up the seam. Take a few extra stitches into/around where you joined the chain stitch loop to sturdily secure it, then sew up the seam.

When you finish your rounds, but before you sew up the seam - at that point just start chaining - do about 15 chains. Then slip stitch into same stitch where you started the chain to form a loop. Then slip stitch back along the chains to beginning stitch. Cut your yarn, leaving a very long tail to sew up the seam. Take a few extra stitches into/around where you joined the chain stitch loop to sturdily secure it, then sew up the seam.

This is what I do as well. it stays secure and it "matches" :wlol

hmmm i haven't made potholders, but on my dishcloths i put a loop in the corner...i sc around the edge for a border, and on the corners i do 5 sc...on the loop corner i do 2 sc, then chain 12, then 2 sc, and continue around.

Archived