purses

i'mhooked

Question

10 answers to this question

I've looked around a bit more, and I think that's the pattern I would use.

The more I think about it, the more it makes sense.

The felting will hide any mistakes (which there are bound to be), there's no sewing sides together, no making a handle, and it wouldn't even have to be lined.

I think it would be a great first purse for a beginner.

What do you think?

I might be wrong in suggesting this, but for a simple beginner purse, a pattern may not be necessary. If she can crochet two squares (in the round or in rows) and one long strip of 3 or 4 rows, she can make a purse by attaching (by sewing or crocheting) the two squares to the strip, such that, the strip becomes the bottom, sides, and handle of the purse. (Why don't these computers come with a scratch pad?!) Let me see if I have an example...

http://www.joann.com/joann/catalog.jspCATID=cat13856&PRODID=xprd130237

I hope that link works right... anyway.. I hope this helps! :)

Well, I don't have a daughter, but I do drive a school bus and the things a 9 year old girl would carry with them would surely fit into the purse I am going to suggest. Crochet a rectangle, sew up the sides, add handles, DONE! Felting would be even better because you wouldn't need to add a lining. Sure you can dress it up by doing a ripple pattern, sewing on some cute applique or button, maybe a pocket on the outside, or a buckle. Besides, this would be so much faster and easier, you could make her one for everyday of the week! Or better yet, teach her crochet and she could make one!

Squares work great. Even granny squares.

If she can crochet a straight stitch, she can do a simple long rectangle and then sew up two sides. If she wants a flap, she can keep going for the flap and leave that unsewn (of course). Any stitch would work for this, whichever she knows. The strap can be even just a row of the simple stitches, maybe a few chains and then braid together.

Debbi

:cry Hi ladies. I need a bit of inspiration if you would. In the past I've been looking at hand bags to make with bamboo handles, I thought I came across some nice patterns and now that I have the handles, I can't remember what I liked so much. :bang I don't really think I'm all that good at making my own up. Not with handles anyway, I don't even know if I would be able to. I'm just bummed iguess. I want to make purses for me and I don't know what to make. The ones I've seen here look so very pretty, maybe I'm just doubting myself too much over this. Anyway if you feel like it and have any ideas please let me know. I'm trying to figure out how I can make myself one with the handles, for now. Just thought I would see what anyone suggests, I'm tired of looking, lol.

Archived