baby items

i'mhooked

I made these items for my cousin's baby last year.

hat and booties

DSCF2531.jpg

blanket

DSCF2526.jpg

blanket up close view of stitches

DSCF2527.jpg

Sadly, they lost the baby before I could send them:cry. They have since tried again and delivered a new baby girl. I havent decided if I 'll send these to her or not :think. She didnt know I had made them for the 1st pregnancy and I've never said anything after, so if I did send them she wouldnt relate them to the first baby. I just dont know.

Those are beautiful! I love the way the colors worked on the blanket.

That is a difficult decision. I think they would appreciate them (although of course I don't know them), especially without mentioning that they were made before. There will be times that it will be painful regardless, and I think that these may bring more joy than pain.

They are truly pretty.

I would send them.They are so nice and since you didn't say anything earlier, just help celebrate the miracle of their little one.

I would feel really good about someone spending all that time for a child of mine.

I lost a baby later in a pregnancy and had a baby girl after, I wouldn't have felt bad at all if someone sent me a gift that was intended for the first baby, to me it would make it even more special. Or you don't even have to mention it..

I think it's a beautiful set

A similar thing happened to my sister in law. She was pregnant and then I made her a blanket and they lost the baby. It happened twice actually. My MIL was here one day with her two daughters-one of them was the one who lost the babies-and she told her about the blanket. I felt so bad because I never told her. She took it though and has kept it. I would just follow your heart. I had a baby die of SIDS and I threw away a lot of his stuff because I was scared. I don't exactly what I was afraid of, but I couldn't bear giving the stuff away. I did keep some for me. But most of it I eventually threw away. Too painful I think.

They are such beautiful items, made from your heart. I would give them, unless it would upset YOU to see them. It won't upset anyone else as they don't know the history. I'm glad they've been successful this time round, enjoy the celebrations. :)

Archived