comfortghan squares needed

Tomeygirl

I am making comfortghans for a nursinghome in my area and I am looking for people who want to help make squares and send them to me to put together.I myself am using the pillowghan pattern at craftbits.http://craftbits.com/viewCategory.do?categoryID=CRO .They need to be the same size and they need to be boardered in white. Anykind of square will do as long as its 16 inches. I am using a g hook if that helps anyone. Pm me if you want to send squares. I am using worsted weight like the redheart yarn on the squares that I am making. Thanks for reading. Any help will be aprechiated:hug.Just trying to brighten the day of the residents at the home:sun.:tyEveryone.I am only making 3 blankets.

how many squares are you going to need? and any color only trimmed in white?

16 inches not 12?

I need about 13 square I already have one almot done I am only going to make two blankets one for a family friend at the nursing home who just had a heart attack and her roomate.My squares came out about 16 1/2 inches I used a g hook and red heart yarn.There is 15 rows on each square. I guess theyarn made the difference in the size. I wanted to make blankets for everyone there but that would take forever. So after these are dont I am going to make smaller items like walker caddies. And the squares need to be trimmed in white becuse they are going to be joined in white.The reason for the size is because they are pillowghans.If you wanted to send more you can Ill just make more and take to the nursing home when I go. Ill ask the residents who recieve the blankets if I can take a photo and if I can Ill post pictures here so everyone can see them.If you or anyone wants to send me squares just pm me so i know who to send my address to. Thanks again your crochetville friend

Do you want all of the squares in the pilloghan pattern? Any color just trimmed in white or do you want different patterns as long as they're 16 1/2 inches? I'm in the finishing stages of a project but I can try to get you something if you PM me your address.

two squares are on their way to your home:)

Let me know If you need anymore help!

mine came out also to 16 1/2 with the border

:hug

Thanks so much next things I am going to work on is walker caddies so most likley wont need more squares but thanks so much for helping.I need to find a pattern for something like a shawl but one i can make with all different colors because i got different colors

I need about 13 square I already have one almot done I am only going to make two blankets one for a family friend at the nursing home who just had a heart attack and her roomate.My squares came out about 16 1/2 inches I used a g hook and red heart yarn.There is 15 rows on each square. I guess theyarn made the difference in the size. I wanted to make blankets for everyone there but that would take forever. So after these are dont I am going to make smaller items like walker caddies. And the squares need to be trimmed in white becuse they are going to be joined in white.The reason for the size is because they are pillowghans.If you wanted to send more you can Ill just make more and take to the nursing home when I go. Ill ask the residents who recieve the blankets if I can take a photo and if I can Ill post pictures here so everyone can see them.If you or anyone wants to send me squares just pm me so i know who to send my address to. Thanks again your crochetville friend

what are walker caddies?

you can use the reg triangle shawl pattern and just change the color on each row like this:

Janprayershawl.jpg

this is a really simple pattern to use :manyheart

what are walker caddies?

you can use the reg triangle shawl pattern and just change the color on each row like this:

Janprayershawl.jpg

this is a really simple pattern to use :manyheart

Caddies that can be attached to the walker to hold stuff

thanks for the idea for the shawl:cheer

:ty[quot:wooe=sissie44;1168218]two squares are on their way to your home:)

Let me know If you need anymore help!

mine came out also to 16 1/2 with the border

Got your squares today they are beautiful ill post a picture here when

I get them all and after I put it together. Thank you so much!!!!:photo

:cheer

Two squares are on there way to you. I mailed them yesterday 2/28. I can crochet some caddies if you need help. Just let me know and what pattern to use.

I just posted the two caddies I am going to be working on a couple of spaces up but if you have any different caddies you can do any kind. thanks .If anyone finds any different ones than the two can you post them here.Thanks again.

http://*****************/web/20010703103948/http://crochetmusings.freeservers.com/pats/whccaddy.html see if this one works for some reason it changes it after i hit save

Well it didnt work but here is the page it is on

http://home.inreach.com/marthac/caddy.html its the Crochet Wheel Chair Caddy * the one with martha is working i dont know why the others arent working for some reason it changes it.

Two squares are on there way to you. I mailed them yesterday 2/28. I can crochet some caddies if you need help. Just let me know and what pattern to use.

Got your squares today they are beautiful love the color change especially on the i guess its a maroon one.Thanks so much again.:cheer

Ok I see what the caddy looks like:) is this the best size? are what is a good size?

I just looked at your Ravelry page and see we have both done the same doorstop doll:)

Ok I see what the caddy looks like:) is this the best size? are what is a good size?

I just looked at your Ravelry page and see we have both done the same doorstop doll:)

You can make it however you want i thought it should be a little bigger

I can send some squares. Do you need a specific number commitment?

Sewmom I got the squares you sent yesterday thanks so much they are all beautiful!!!!!!:cheerIll post a picture of the comfortghan when I get it finnished it might be a week or two because I am in the process of moving.

Archived