??? suggestions for SS yarn

What is WUA and RR?

kind of off the subject but I bought an SS soft pink awhile back and then went and got another skein (for barbie clothes) and they are so different in color its amazing. there isnt a dye lot but obviously there should have been....

doll or barbie clothes might be an idea

WUA stands for Warm Up America and RR stands for Round Ripple.

What is WUA and RR?

kind of off the subject but I bought an SS soft pink awhile back and then went and got another skein (for barbie clothes) and they are so different in color its amazing. there isnt a dye lot but obviously there should have been....

doll or barbie clothes might be an idea

You know sleeper set from Abilgail Goss at crotiques comes out nicely in ss. I also like it for baby hats and stuff. I also like mixing it with fuzzy or furry yarn and working it two stranded. That way the spittyness doesn't bother me and the fuzzy yarn is easy to work with.

I had been having a lot of problems with spittyness, and the yarn not being spun tightly enough...but the last 5 skeins I bought for a baby rr have worked up very nicely. They were even and wound tightly. 2 or 3 still birthed messes in the beginning of the center pull skein and I have had few places where 1 or 2 strands of the 4 ply yarn were snagged or broken and tied together.

It's good that this stuff is cheap...or I might not have tried it again.

I made my 2 thingys for the WUA and I really, really, really hate this yarn.

:yuck

It is awful to work with. It splits badly, and it will not hold a shape or size. :thair

I may just find a victim somewhere and give this stuff away as I cannot imagine dealing with it for 30 full ounces. I have been hoping that my aunt would get back to crocheting and she might like this yarn and this colour (at least more than I do :yuck )

Boy, I think you're right on with this Darski. I have been trying to make the WUA rectangles as well with another color of SS. I hate working with it and as a result I only have four rectangles so far. It is really soft, but for me there's just no substance to it. I'm sad cause I liked the idea of sending for the mill ends, but don't think I will anymore.

Archived