"Simply" Breast Cancer Shawl

darski

Here is my version of the Simply Shawl that I did for the daughter of a friend who is dealing with a rather aggressive Breast Cancer. I decided to make a nice shawl pattern in the pink rather than specifically making a Breast Cancer Shawl... that also seemed like a good idea at the time.

I may not have been entirely faithful to the pattern but it was the jumping off point. I worked the pattern out from a central line rather than just straight across... I wanted symmetry.

The original pattern is here: http://www.caron.com/projects/ss/simply_shawl.html

And here is mine...

post-4896-0-19767500-1360132888_thumb.jpg

The front edge and some scallop trim...

BCshawl2.jpg

and as it might be worn... if you look carefully you can see where I worked from a central row...

BCsahawl3a.jpg

and you can see this up close and personal here: http://s207.photobucket.com/albums/bb249/darski_2007/?action=view¤t=BCsahawl3.jpg

I would encourage everyone to do something for someone you know who has or has had breast cancer and we all know someone if not some many.

:hug :hug :hug

I try not to be too Christian too often around here but I do want to thank the Holy Spirit for giving me the will to finish this project as quickly as I could.

Oh Darski, Once again I LOVE your take on the design!! Yes, PLEASE everyone think about breast cancer and all the people that fight everyday for their life! :hug

Gorgeous shawl! I'm sure she will be very comforted by it. What yarn did you use?

sorry, I forgot to mention that part. I used Bernat Super Value in "baby pink" and a 6.5mm hook

hey Jobug, you know I am thinking of you often. :hug

Oh my, that's just spectacular! My mother in law has been dealing with cancer, while not breast cancer is still pretty scary. I think she'd like something like this! Thank you for sharing your gorgeous work :D

Archived