how to sew name on baby blanket

snb0705

Question

Hi everyone! Newbie here, just thought id try posting here and see if anyone could help me since my 87 yr old grandma-in-law didn't have any advice for me. I am looking for some advice/help. My Cousin-in-law is having a baby shower in a few weeks, and after i found out she was pregnant i had already crocheted the baby blanket. Now they have picked out a name and i was wondering if anyone had any advice on how to add the name to an already finished baby blanket. Is there a way to crochet it say on the top side of the blanket or am i stuck doing embroidery which i am no good at :eek

6 answers to this question

You can use surface crochet. It's super easy and looks pretty decent on the back, too.

Hold the yarn on the wrong side, stick a hook in the right side, pull a loop through. Then go to the next spot you want to aim your line towards and stick the hook through there and pull up a loop. Just do this in whatever design you want. WAY easier than embroidery and all you have to do is weave in the ends. It has a nice look on the front. If you want to make the writing thicker, try two strands of yarn.

Archived