A Kentucky HillBilly saying Hello!

Nett

Thank you for the warm welcome. I see that some of you are from KY. Anyone pretty close? I know where Caneyville is. I am not too far from there. My mother attended Alice Lloyd College.

Looking forward to getting to know everyone and making a lot of friends!!:yay

Welcome neighbor. I live in Hardin Co., KY by Ft. Knox. Originally from Illinois, but I've lived in California, Hawaii, Texas and Oklahoma too.

I lived in Muldraugh for over a year. So I know where you are. hahaha

Hey cousin "nette" this is you cuz across the mountain in good ole' KY!!! Let's give this a whirl...you still giving me lessons...as soon as the craziness is over.

Yes I understand. Dd has flu and ear infections, I have bronchotis and ear infections.

[i was born in the Ozarks but reared in Ky. My children are all grown and I have 4 grands. My husband, due to a job change, and I moved to Indiana, unfortunately he lost his job:( and he eventually found one back in KY, so now we are praying to move back home. Seems like its in the cards doesn't it? I sure love the bluegrass state, we've actually lived here 12 yrs but never felt like I was home.

Doesn't it seem like life is a big circle?

Anyway I crochet, knit, make jewelry, make chimes, design clothes and love crafts. I made, a few yrs ago a broomhandle afghan, my grandaughter still uses it. So pretty. Anyway Welcome to the forum, you'll find its fun:cheer:clap

quote=Nett;1147658]Howdy folks!

I am in the mountains of Kentucky. I have been crocheting since before I could read. I had a Grandma who was a teacher and knew how to do a lot of what is now called "the lost arts" . She mainly crocheted and hand sewed. So I learned that before I could read.

I enjoy all kinds of handcrafts, but crocheting is my first love and one I have been doing the longest.

I am raising three darlings: ds1-14, dd-8, and ds2-6. So life is never boring or dull. I taught ds1 to crochet and ds2 and dd have learned to sew and are working on crocheting and anything else that mom is doing at the time.

Any one else here from KY?!?

I look forward to making many friends and learning from you all.

Thanks

My son and his wife live in Muldraugh!:lol

It is a nice little wide spot in the road. It is the hill up to it that can be a pain. Located the same distance from Louisville, Brandenburg, and Radcliff. It is neat.

It is a nice little wide spot in the road. It is the hill up to it that can be a pain. Located the same distance from Louisville, Brandenburg, and Radcliff. It is neat.

Ah yes, our speed-trap hill!

Archived