Comfortghan for Lea (minwifeof4boys)- UPDATE

tracyleigh

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm definitely in on this. I have never participated with a comfortghan before other than Krystal's daisy squares. But I was wondering why we don't all do the same square with different colors? Or is that not how it is done? Krystal's square would make an awesome flower afghan but the pattern is probably not good for beginners.

I'm definitely in on this. I have never participated with a comfortghan before other than Krystal's daisy squares. But I was wondering why we don't all do the same square with different colors? Or is that not how it is done? Krystal's square would make an awesome flower afghan but the pattern is probably not good for beginners.

I was just thinking the same thing, Krystal's square would be so pretty in all different colors .

Coralie

I was just thinking the same thing, Krystal's square would be so pretty in all different colors .

Coralie

that is such a beautiful square, but I think it would be nice to have a variety of flowers too. there are so many wonderful patterns out there and at different skill levels for people to choose from.

Rosered: I did wonder about the size too. so many people will want to send a square or 2 and that size would grow pretty quickly

I can be in on this. Would a square like this be ok?

IM001209.jpg

I used these to make a daffodil themed afghan for an American Cancer Society event. The daffodil's the flower of hope.

Let me know

Joyce

Wonderful ideas, wonderful thing and that daffodil square is gorgeous!

I would be more than honored to gathr the squares and put it all together. :yes

PM me for my addy when your ready to send.

So have we agreed the colors will be pink, lavendar, teal...feminine colors with a flower theme?

Wonderful ideas, wonderful thing and that daffodil square is gorgeous!

I would be more than honored to gathr the squares and put it all together. :yes

PM me for my addy when your ready to send.

So have we agreed the colors will be pink, lavendar, teal...feminine colors with a flower theme?

So, if I put the daffodil on a darker green (rather than the spring green) would that be ok? That spring green is really bright. Or I can do a rose square like this one

IM001494.jpg

Just let me know...or I could do both hmmmmm

Joyce

Tracy I pmed you before I came here so you can disregard:)

I am also in on this. and I agree with doing the flower squares also! just let me know colors and size. If there are going to be so many people helping on this should we all just send one square?

Hugs

I think all the different flowers would be AWESOME! Like a giant bouquet from all of us!

I'm almost finished with this one http://www.geocities.com/cdjsimon/flower_burst.html in peach & coral with a pale yellow center, sage green leaves and now I just need a border color.

That's a great idea RoseRed, a giant bouquet. I'll stick with the daffodil square and, if FlowerPower wants us to stick with one each, that's the only one I'll do.

Joyce

I'll contribute too. Just so happens I was trying out a new skein of yarn today, and it's teal! But if we're doing flowers, I can do that too. I have tons of books so I'm sure I can find a flower pattern in there. We're each doing a 12" square, right?

I ran out of yarn. :( I have this in a 10 inch square.

Are we going to do all motifs or are the flowers in the pattern and flat cool, too?

Are we going to try to stick with the pink/lavender or does the flower thing change that (other than adding green :)?

I'm sure we'll have more people tomarrow - Is anyone keeping count of the squares?

I had already pm'd tracy about sending a square and I have to agree with whoever said maybe the 12" would be too big with so many people sending squares. That would be an awful big ghan. LOL I will keep watching this thread to see what is decided.

Debby

So far (without counting FlowerPower06 cuz she's putting it together) there are 32. I have no idea what's going on behind the scenes with pm's and such, so there very well could be more.

To make a 4x6' ghan in 12 inch sqs we'd need 24 and we have lots more than that already.

tracyleigh - started thread

FlowerPower06 - putting sqs together

CrisKad

hseger

loveragdolls

deedes

maryann829

segi1974

contrary.crocheter

cym

Seneca and Scooch

lil_mama06