Comfortghan for Lea (minwifeof4boys)- UPDATE

tracyleigh

Lea has been diagnosed with cancer and I would like to put together a comfortghan for her. I have already been in contact with the people who sent me items for the January Charity Blitz as Lea is one of the donators.

There were a few suggestions as to the theme/colours/size

Theme:

Renewal...Vitality..Think Spring...New Beginnings.....Pastels

Flowers - Lea loves flowers

Colours - Pastels, vibrant flowers

Size - 8"

FlowerPower06 has offered to gather the squares and put them together for us. Please contact her for her mailing information. It just made sense to me to ask someone in the States to put this together and send it, rather than have all the squares mailed to me in Canada, for me to turn around and ship it back south again.

Ok, now let's warm up those hooks and give Lea the :hug she really needs from her Crochetville friends right now.

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Pink, I believe is for breast cancer. Is it breast cancer? If so, all pink is great. If not, maybe we can do lots of colors, but keep it in the same family, like warm tones or cool tones?

This is what I found online

Lymphoma - Lime Green

Breast Cancer - Pink

Ovarian Cancer - Teal

Lung Cancer - Clear/White

Pancreatic Cancer - Purple

Leukemia Cancer - Orange

Melanoma Cancer - Black

Brain Cancer - Grey

Prostate Cancer - Light Blue

Childhood Cancer - Gold

Multiple Myeloma Cancer - Burgundy

Colon Cancer - Royal Blue

General Cancer Awareness - Lavender

I have a suggestion. I just took a look at Leas wishlist for 2008 (group 2) and am putting a copy below in red. She seems to like feminine things since she is in a house full of guys. She also has requested crocheted flowers...could we combine those ideas. Stick with maybe pastels and ask for people to add a flower or do a flower pattern when possible? It always amazes me when a comfortghan is done, how all of the squares go together so beautifully though they are all very different...just like we are.

Just a suggestion and I am happy to help with whatever is decided!

Fun! I have 4 boys.. no girls... and so not to many folks ask what I might like... :D ... I get hammers and screw drivers as gifts!... OK.. here goes...

Looking for vintage potholder crochet patterns!

I love buttons... especially unique ones....

crocheted flowers...cause I haven't mastered that sort of things and I think they are beautiful!

I collect handmade Christmas ornies

potholders... ( I collect them)

anything girlie or vintage!:c9

I was gong to suggest the Floral Overlay Square from PandaCrochet but the pattern's been removed - it's been sold and going in a book. Good thing I printed it before it dissapeared.

I like the whole pink/lavender/teal/girlie thing with flowers. It kinda reminds me of springtime and Easter.

I was gong to suggest the Floral Overlay Square from PandaCrochet but the pattern's been removed - it's been sold and going in a book. Good thing I printed it before it dissapeared.

I like the whole pink/lavender/teal/girlie thing with flowers. It kinda reminds me of springtime and Easter.

I TOTALLY AGREE!:clap

I stole this from Angelfire Hooking for a cure post.

entry in the virtual journal http://hookingforacure.blogspot.com/ The colors would be those used in cancer awareness ribbons. These include

Pink/Breast Cancer

Teal/ White/Ovarian Cancer, Cervical Cancer

Lavender-General cancer Awareness

these colors would look really pretty together and make for an interesting ghan

Archived