The Chevron Ripple plus shawl pattern

darski

Chevron Ripple Pattern

I invented a Ripple Pattern

chev1.jpg

I don’t do a lot of Ripple Patterns so I am not aware of those that are out there. I devised this pattern entirely on my own to mimic a knitted chevron pattern. If by chance it resembles a pattern that another has written, I apologize but deny copying.

Chevron Ripple Pattern

Notes: at the end of each row, the ch 2 (or 3) counts as the 1st dc of the next row.

3dc cl is a 3 double crochet cluster stitch: (YO, insert hook in next st and draw up a loop, YO, draw through 2 loops) 3 times, YO draw through 3 loops on hook.

The Chevron Ripple

chev2.jpg

Chain a multiple of 10 plus 5.

Row 1: dc in 4th ch from hook, dc in next, *ch 1, dc in next 3 ch, 3dc cluster in next 3 ch, dc in next 3 ch, ch 1, dc in next* repeat from * to end. End with dc in last ch. Ch 2 (or 3) and turn.

Row 2: *dc in next dc, ch 1, dc in ch1 space, dc in next 2 dc, 3dc cluster over next 3 st {this will be one dc, the cluster from the row below and another dc}dc in next 2, dc in ch 1 sp, ch1* repeat from * across and end with dc in last dc, ch 2 (or 3) and turn.

Repeat row 2 as long as needed. This would make a very pretty baby afghan.

The Chevron Ripple Shawl pattern

This was created to answer a Help question and so it is not a full sized shawl... it is how you would make that full sized shawl should you wish to do so.

chevshawl1a.jpg

Row 1: Ch 15, dc in 4th ch from hook, dc in next, *ch 1, dc in next 3 ch, 3dc cluster in next 3 ch, dc in next 3 ch, ch 1, dc in next* repeat from * to end. End with dc in last ch. Break off yarn.

chevshawl2.jpg

Row 2: Ch 11, pick up the first row and work in the pattern…

dc in next 2dc, ch 1, dc in ch1 space, dc in next 2 dc, 3dc cluster over next 3 st ,dc in next 2, dc in ch 1 sp, ch1, dc in next 2 dc, ch 13 turn.

Row 3: dc in 4th ch from hook, dc in next, *ch 1, dc in next 3 ch, 3dc cluster in next 3 ch, dc in next 3 ch, ch 1, dc in next 2* repeat from * working across the established portion and the new chain stitches ending with dc in the last 2 chains.. Break off yarn.

Repeat Rows 2 and 3 for as long as you want your shawl. This pattern creates a lot of ends to weave in. :eek

Darski, that is a very pretty ripple pattern! the paired openwork at the peaks give it a different look than any others I can remember seeing.

I really admire the way you work out things people are asking about, using your time and sharing your knowledge to add to the information base here:crocheting:cheer

Do we get to see a pic of it just as a plain ripple too!

Awesome job!

The first picture shows just the ripple pattern over a couple of repeats. I don't do ripples myself so I didn't make a whole ghan with it.

....although, I am tempted to try this one at the baby size.

the lower pictures show where you start and stop to work up a triangular type shawl pattern.

Archived