My sister's totally rediculus hat!

kestrel5287

Thanks! I like it too and she enjoys different looking things lol. Yes I made up the patern myself...I'll give kind of a mini pattern because I don't know exact numbers:think The yarn is caron simply soft in lime and watermelon. They are actually much brighter in person.

Ok, here's the pattern(sort of)

With K hook and two strands of yarn held together,

ch until it is about the width of your head, plus a little room to go around the sides.

then hdc in each ch across turn

hdc in each hdc

repeat until the rectangle is twice the length you want it.

fold rectangle in half, sew up both sides

join yarn in any stich on bottom of the hat and hdc around; join.

flip hat rightside out, and add tassels to each corner.

hopefully that made sense!

Thanks! I like it too and she enjoys different looking things lol. Yes I made up the patern myself...I'll give kind of a mini pattern because I don't know exact numbers:think The yarn is caron simply soft in lime and watermelon. They are actually much brighter in person.

Ok, here's the pattern(sort of)

With K hook and two strands of yarn held together,

ch until it is about the width of your head, plus a little room to go around the sides.

then hdc in each ch across turn

hdc in each hdc

repeat until the rectangle is twice the length you want it.

fold rectangle in half, sew up both sides

join yarn in any stich on bottom of the hat and hdc around; join.

flip hat rightside out, and add tassels to each corner.

hopefully that made sense!

Sounds simple enough. How did you make the tassels? I've never made them before.

for the tassels, I just wound yarn between my elbow and thumb till it was the thickness I wanted. Then I cut the part my my thumb in half, so I had a lot of long strands of yarn...this part might sound confusing because I'm not always good at explaining myself, but i then took my hook slipped it through the corner, put the yarn on the hook, pulled up a loop and pulled the rest of the yarn through the loop to form a knot. It's kind of like latchhooking.

It sure is a fun hat! My daughter wears a red knitted hat, similar to yours, with the side tassels. Her boyfriend's grandmother made it for her...and she loves it.....even at 26 years old. I love your colors! It's just a fun all around hat. I love it!

...this part might sound confusing because I'm not always good at explaining myself, but i then took my hook slipped it through the corner, put the yarn on the hook, pulled up a loop and pulled the rest of the yarn through the loop to form a knot. It's kind of like latchhooking.

Oh, like how to do fringe at the end of a scarf, only with a bunch of strands instead of one ... got it! Much easier than what I was trying to imagine LOL!

Oh, like how to do fringe at the end of a scarf, only with a bunch of strands instead of one ... got it! Much easier than what I was trying to imagine LOL!

Yeah there you go that's a much easier way to describe it lol. I've never done fringe on a scarf, so that's probably why it wasn't the first thing that came to mind

Archived