My fiirst RR

apecaut

I finished this back in November, but I'm just getting around to posting it. I did manage to take pics before it was sent off as a Christmas gift to my Grandfather. He's a woodworker and makes me and my dd soooo many beautiful things. I thought it was time someone made him something for a change! :)

roundripple1.jpg

:cheerThat is magnificent and must have taken a whole ball of yarn to complete each row on the outside.

:clapYour Grandpa is a lucky to have you but you are lucky to have him as well.:clap

:cheerCongratulations on a magnificent piece of work.:cheer

Have fun.

Colleen:hug

PS, Hope you crocheted over the tails as you went.:lol

Now THAT's what I call a ROUND RIPPLE! It is HUGE! I love it! I'm making my first RR too and hope that it will be large enough for an adult, but maybe not as large as yours! How many skeins did you use? I will give mine away to a coworker/friend who is finally pregnant after 17 years of trying!--it's a comfortghan for her--I'll make the baby a blanket later.

Thanks everyone! :D

Great job! Do you happen to know how many rounds you did?

I don't remember. :( I just kept going until it was the size of my Full bed since I knew he had the same size bed.

Now THAT's what I call a ROUND RIPPLE! It is HUGE! I love it! I'm making my first RR too and hope that it will be large enough for an adult, but maybe not as large as yours! How many skeins did you use? I will give mine away to a coworker/friend who is finally pregnant after 17 years of trying!--it's a comfortghan for her--I'll make the baby a blanket later.

The skeins were a hodge podge of yarn I accumulated over the years. I dont' know how many, but a lot! Some were huge pounders and others were little 3.5 oz skeins. It was really a scrap afghan to cull my stash a bit and all the colors seemed to mesh pretty well.

What a GORGEOUS RR!! I love the colors together, it's perfect for a man, but the colors are also pretty enough that it could be used for anyone. It's so nice a big, too. It looks really cozy!

Elle

Archived